Chapter 24: 6-Point Perspective

/26/
6-Point Perspective

---

1st point. Annaliese.

THE LOOMING darkness of the room lit only by one faded lamp, made Ann feel as if she were a lone ship in the sea - struggling to follow the last bit of light from the lighthouse.

It was a weary evening for her.

Silence was deafening - ringing in her ears as she laid flat on her bed. Her arms sprawled across both her sides as she stared up at the ceiling. Quietly, she counted the small dots in her vision.

Her mind was floating, as if she was just another vertical line on the shore - another long face with long, worn-out limbs stretching out into the abyss.

Hindi alam ng dalaga kung anong oras na ng gabi. She had committed to locking herself inside her own room, not bothering to speak with Sera or Queenie whose rooms seemed as dead quiet as hers.

In fact, none of them were in speaking terms after leaving Enzo's office that afternoon. They all just parted aways - as if they were all strangers from the very start.

Ann shifted in her bed. Her limbs and every muscle in her body was tired of fighting, just wanting to doze off and forget about every single problem that she was contemplating. Ngunit kahit na anong ikinapagod ng kaniyang katawan, she couldn't seem to shut off her damn mind.

Her thoughts were a mess. It was a series of incoherent flashes of both Rein's betrayal, and the looming doom that she was losing her father's bet.

But most of all, she'd end up repeating Enzo's words in her head - like a broken accordion ringing across an abandoned hallway.

"Hindi niyo ba napapansin? This school has been letting injustice rule ever since."

Ann took a deep breath before exhaling. She had been doing the same breathing technique for the past hour, but it seems as if not enough deep breaths could take away the heavy feeling in her chest.

I could run away. She thought mindlessly, placing her arm on her forehead as the tears silently rolled down her face. I could just run away from this damn city, and never look bac-

The thought crashed like a train slamming into a wall before she could even finish it. Agad itong napalingon sa kaniyang kaliwa, her phone lighting up and ringing from her bedside table.

Another sigh escaped from her lips once more as she sat down - her short hair rumpled and messy as she snatched the device atop the furniture.

"Hello?" She answered wearily, only to be greeted by a cold voice who she least wanted to hear from.

"Annaliese." Sambit ng kaniyang ama mula sa kabilang linya, inciting the young girl to sit up straight.

"Dad. Napatawag ka?" Ann said stiffly, switching her tone and aura so as to not make her father ask any questions about her well-being. She immediately wiped away her tears as well.

It was a strong, resilient facade she's been putting up ever since she could remember, because she knew damn well that no one else was going to there for her when she finally breaks her spirit in half.

"Nakasalubong ko kanina si Mr. Nestor Ramirez sa banko." Diretsong sambit ng kaniyang ama, dahilan para mapakunot ang noo ng dalaga.

"Banko?" Ann frowned, the prospect of her dad visiting the bank felt out of place. "Bakit ka dumaan sa banko? Are any of our finances in trouble?"