SEVEN

STEP 7 - BE IN A GOOD MOOD

"how'd you do on the japanese lit final?" mori asked, leaning over my shoulder.

i pivoted to face the blonde. it was the last class before break started, and i was ready to get out of the building. packing up my things, i answered, "it was good, thanks to you!"

mori grinned at my compliment. "i'm always happy to help kagawa-san."

i had to hurry and get to the gym so i could see yachi. i would probably make plans to see her over break, but i wanted to see her anyway.

as i was speed-walking toward the door, mori said, "we should hang out over break!"

"sure!" i called out over my shoulder, yachi the only thing on my mind.

-

the blonde first-year was standing outside the gym, greeting the volleyball boys as they entered for practice. sawamura and sugawara stopped and started a conversation with her.

"yachi!" i yelled, at this point i was sprinting toward her.

she broke out in a wide smile, waving at me in return. as i got closer to the group, sugawara said something with a chuckle before nudging yachi. she turned a deep shade of red as the two boys walked into the gym.

i stood next to her, slightly out of breath. i wasn't athletic enough to be sprinting through karasuno. "hi, kagawa!" yachi greeted.

"i had to see you before break!"

"really?" the girl questioned, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"of course, i haven't told you today's lesson." i noticed the disappointed look on her face. she tried to hide it, but i could read her like a book. "plus, i'm miss you. even if we are going to hang out over break."

yachi's eyes twinkled as a smile spread across her face. "what's today's lesson?"

"this should be another easy one for you, since you're a ray of sunshine. be in a good mood."

the first year chucked at my compliment. "should be easy enough."

"yachi-san, it's time for practice!" a voice called from inside the gym.

"i guess i'll let you test this one out. bye, yachi." i waved at the blonde one last time before staring my walk home.

-

it was dinner time, and i had spent hours chipping away at my homework. being a third-year wasn't easy. deciding to take a break, i set my supplies aside and pulled out my phone. checking my notifications, i saw texts from yachi.

lil yachi
i'm coming over rn
pls answer
ur making me nervous
pls see this before i get there