ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀

Village folk yelped and called out in annoyance as something pushed past in a hurry. They yelled shouts of "Watch where you're going!" or "Quit running, punk!" but the little boy who caused such a commotion paid no mind to any of it and breezed past with conviction.

The boy, whose eyes shone brighter than emerald cast under sunlight, skin that was fair and unblemished aside from his symmetrical freckles, hair bushier than a cottontail and green like the lush forests surrounding the village. He was very young, no older than six or seven as he sprinted to the boundaries of his home, holding something tightly within his small palm protectively.

Sunlight made the life around him sparkle, shops of jewelry and glass sculptures left blinding glitters in his irises, food stands seared fresh meats and displayed sweet and delicious fruits that called to him; but his mind was on one thing at the moment.

His lungs stung with the lack of air running through them as he ran, his little legs sore from the amount of use, and sweat beaded from his brow before cascading down his face. But none of that mattered.

The village around him transitioned to the rich forestry. Home to mysterious critters, heavy but beautiful vegetation, and everything one could wonder about.

The shiny-eyed boy swept across the forest, whacking shrubbery from his path and jumping over obstructing rocks. He ran and ran until finally, a vast clearing was displayed before him.

He breathed and panted heavily from his little journey, but he looked on with a blinding smile as the wind wisped across the elegant grasses and brilliantly colorful flowers. The sun beat down and fluffy white clouds were lightly strewn about the graciously blue sky.

It was a perfect day! The day!

A voice released him from his thoughts and gazes of amazement. "Hurry up, Deku! You're gonna make us late!" It was another boy, calling to him from down the hill, a boy not too much older than him. He had ash-blond hair and ruby red eyes that could metaphorically pierce through essentially anything. They held a fire within, one of determination and sparse arrogance.

The green-haired boy, whose name was really Izuku Midoriya, smiled widely and trotted down the hill to meet his friend amongst the soft blades of tall grasses and ferns. "I'm coming, Kacchan! Wait up!" His friend, Katsuki Bakugo, was laughing while he ran through the valley, making more of a distance between them.

His smile grew impossibly wider as he ran to catch up with the fiery boy. They ran side by side through the valley, heading to their destination beyond the trees.

"We still have time, we can stop by the creek on the way to the kingdom," The ash-blond exclaimed, he pointed to the far expanse of the meadow where it met the forest line.

Izuku's voice was exasperated as he spoke to Katsuki, running not doing this breathing any more justice than it had, "But you said we were gonna be late!" A pout adorned his face as he looked upon the other.

"That was to make you hurry, cause you're slow!" Katsuki laughed as he sped forward, outrunning Izuku as they entered back into the dense, green, woods. His physical capabilities far exceeded Izuku's, as magic coursed powerfully through Katsuki's veins rather than his own.

Magic. It seemed to be the world's source of life, everything thrived from its touch and simply presence. The forests and lands, the people, the creatures, everything was affected by the mystical source. All except seemingly Izuku. He was a normal boy who held no hint of magical essence. He was an anomaly to the world, but one that held no interest to the people.

The two children stopped by a small creek, it flowed downhill to the smaller communities across the continent until it returned home to the vast oceans once again.