[qzgs/tka] words

inspired by stories that will never be chapter 3 on ao3

So, what has imprinted on your skin?

Mine is Ye Xiu

The two newest texts had appeared and spawned many similar responses and numerous numbers as if it's something that is easily that relatable like don't want to get out of bed.

Practically every but one had already answered and the most notable answer was Ye Xiu. If you counted +1, +2, and so on as an acceptable 'Ye Xiu' answer. Even when they didn't know who he or she was. But that feared them nonetheless.

You can only have one soulmate and person whose name had appeared on many's only ended up having a word, the thing that they were famous for, imprinted on their skin.

Still, none of them was aware of who Ye Xiu was.

Maybe Ye Qiu had an answer.

Nothing came up from account 'Lord Grim' but the list showed that he was online, Ye Qiu just refused to answer. Even with countless mentions from multiple people. After a 10-minute pause without his existence confirmation except the green dot on his profile, he finally answered.

My name is Ye Xiu and mine is Glory.

Then something hit many pro players who had the same answer. Strange, sudden, solid, and sad realization. It hit them like a truck at speed of a racing car.

Ye Qiu is Ye Xiu.

Ye Xiu was bounded for the greatness, bounded to be the legend of Glory, and bounded with loneliness. And those reminders will come as the same name on many pro players' skins. They bound to meet him, but not bound to be with him.

It's a constant haunting reminder that full of sorrow.

Despite that conversation online, professional Glory is still the same.

For the most part.

Everyone's performances were the same but when there's something that ever-so-slightly related to Ye Qiu or soulmate, in general, there would be a sudden shift from relaxed to tense, happy to sad, bored to afraid, determined to swayed, confident to uncertain, irritated to mad, sad to miserable, empty to devastate. And that definitely affects their gameplays.

The emotional change was never a better emotion for them unlike before, it's just worse, and that made them looked depressing.

Liked talk with Ye Qiu about his soulmate was any better.

They wished it's just them and them alone who had 'Ye Xiu' imprinted on their skin since their birth.

He was that unreachable, they said. Every male player on the league was bounded to meet him but not to be with him.

Ye Xiu was bounded with Glory.