Chapter 12

steel blue eyes opened to the darkness of the night. she looked up at the sky and made a weak moan as she saw the stars above her. the wind blew over her and she could hear the roar of the waves where she was.

"Beca?"

She slowly tried to sit up straight, but got resistance that left her lying on her back again.

"Stay down, you're hurt pretty bad."

"Wha-what happened...?" She managed weakly to put her head on the big wall that led where the bridge was. Everything hurt and at this point she had to think carefully whether or not she was dead. She looked down and saw her shirt was off. She immediately widened her eyes and looked up.

"What the hell is this?!"

A little panic raged through her as she looked at the other shirt tied around her waist.

"sh, ssh, you're okay, Beca."

Aubrey spoke softly from her spot at Beca's. She pulled her hand through the brunette's brown locks.

"Where is everyone?" Beca looked around, her panic kept her scared and made her tremble. Aubrey felt this and sighed a slight sigh and looked into her steel blue eyes with her sea green eyes.

"Beca, you need to calm down, you're losing too much blood. There's a town down the road, Amy, Stacie and Chloe went to check it out hoping to find a hospital or something."

the untouched woman was a mess. Beca saw blood here and there, wondering if it was all hers, she held out her hand to let it touch the bloody shoulder.

"y-your blood" she said and looked back into the sea green eyes.

"I...don't worry about me, you're the one I'm worried about."

Aubrey smiles softly as she looks around and finds nothing, except thin air and the objects of nature.

"ma--"

"no buts, I'm fine, Beca."

the blonde slowly walked away to the edge of where she could peep over the dense waterfall.

"they should have been back a long time ago. No, no, no"

"au-Aubrey...?"

Beca asked while she struggled to get up.

"Beca!" Aubrey immediately turned around and came to get the brunette before she fell to the ground.

"Don't leave me anywhere..."

The blonde slowly placed Beca in her arms, adjusting her here and there before slowly reaching her balance, carrying the little woman in her arms as she slowly began to walk to the edge of the shadow of the bridge, where they were safe from the rain.

"They said they'd come back..." she managed to whisper.

Beca felt her belly fold away and made a soft groan.

"Wha-what do you mean...?"

"They went out to look for the village ahead. Oh my God... What if Cynthia found them, or someone else, you can't trust anyone!?"

Aubrey felt her blood getting cold as she felt a tingling sensation shooting through her body, causing her to stagger back a little.

"Bree..."

"Oh, my God..."

"Bree--"

"what if she--"

"AUBREY!"

the blonde struck down her frightened sea-green look on the brunette's calm steel blue.

"We'll find them..."