Chapter 1

please read
This is set season 3 when Riley moves in with Bozer and Mac after her break up with Billy. In this story Desi doesn't exist, Jack never leaves and Bozer is at a family wedding when this goes on.
Summary: Mac suffers a nightmare during the night, will riley be able to help him because jack is stuck in traffic
________________________________

Riley POV

Riley woke up from her light slumber, ever since moving into macs place she never really got a full nights sleep. Macgyver was always doing something weaver it's trying to make a toaster into a pancake cooker or attempting to make a castle out of paper clips. Unfortunately for Riley he isn't the most quiet person on the earth.But tonight was different, she woke up to the sound of muffled screams coming from the direction of Macs room.
Shoving her black hair into her signature messy bun, Riley sat up and glanced towards her alarm clock before getting up, 2:00am! Slipping some socks on she slowly made her way into the direction of the noises, she made about half way across the living room when she heard another muffled scream. This time it made her jump, she cursed as she stumbled over a stray box of metal bolts and tumbled onto the sofa. Getting up from the sofa, which she was lucky was there, she carried on moving towards the source of the noise. She just got to outside macs room when once again muffled noises came from the other side of the door but this time they were accompanied by the sound of rustling of bed sheets.
"Mac, are you awake?" she quietly asked knocking on the door, with no response she tried again "Mac, you awake?..Mac" but this time she got the response of a muffled scream. Her gut was telling her something was wrong so she grabbed the door handle, "Mac i'm coming in!"
Opening the door she glanced in, Mac was tossing and turning in the bed covers with a thick layer of sweat covering his forehead and his clothes sticking to his damp body. That's when she realised his mumbled screams had a name at the end of them. Pena. That's when it all clicked, Mac was having a nightmare and she had no idea what to do. Flustered, Riley made her way besides mac and tried to nudge him in hopes it would wake him up. Unsuccessful. Now riley was starting to panic, what is she meant to do now. Jack. she needed Jack and most importantly Mac needed Jack...

Jack POV
It was roughly 2:15 when jack was rudely awoken from his sleep by the sound of his cell phone ringing on his night stand. Still half asleep Jack reached over to side and picked up his phone. Without glancing at the caller ID he answered his phone with a stern "Dalton.."
"Jack, i need you help!" he heard riley say in a panicked voice.
"Riles is that you?" Jack questioned " why are you calling me at 2:00!"
" Yeh it's me, something's wrong with mac and i need your help"
"Calm down Riley, now explain what's going on.."
" ok. ok, so i woke up to screams coming from Macs room and when i went in he's tossing and turning and he still won't wake up!"
"ok so riley i need you to listen to me, i need you to try slowly wake him up by speaking or calling his name, whatever you do don't try touching him! I'm on my way!"

Hurrying for his car Jack picked up his keys and chucked on a hoodie and was out the door of his apartment in a matter of minutes. Starting the engine to his car, Jack was starting to panic 'what if he doesn't get there in time? What if he can't help Mac? What if someone gets hurt?' His mother bear senses were through the roof right now. He can't let his Mackie down.Pulling out of his road and onto the main road jack put his foot on the throttle so he was going just over the limit but not too fast that he will get pulled over. Getting stopped would not help matters right now.
He was on the road for 5 minutes going at a legal speed when there was a massive bang and a couple cars ahead of him two cars collided. The whole road went to a standstill..

Riley POV
Putting down the phone to Jack, Riley went straight back to Mac's side kneeling down next to him trying to stir him from his sleep by repeatedly calling his name but it wasn't working. Riley stood up defeated and just looked down at Mac, you could see his eyes moving under his lids and his body every now and again violently thrashing in his sleep. Riley walked across his room and opened the blinds of the windows above his desk in hope that the light would awaken him. Turning around to check on him, she could here her phone ringing, it was jack. She picked up her phone that was placed on the floor by mac and answered it.

"Jack please hurry" she pleaded down the phone.
"How's our boy doing?" Jack asked cutting off riley's question.
"Not great, if anything he's gotten worse. How far away are you? He's not waking up!"
"Riley listen. I'm not gonna make it for awhile so i'm gonna need you to do something for me"Jack explained in his Texas accent, " He's probably having a nightmare about his time in the sandbox so you need to be careful when he wakes up"
"Got it!" Riley answered in the middle of pacing.
"K good, this will sound weird but i need you to start stroking his hair, his mum used to do it when he was little and it helps him calm down."
"Ok, but won't that be weird when he wakes up"
"He should be fine but call me if anything happens, i'm on my way as fast as i can."

Please let me know if you want me to carry on