Chapter : 1

Mary's POV :

Dark all dark , unable to figure out things around me I slowly stepped forward , sweat profusely falling off my forehead and the cold wind that made me shiver in fear.

Slowly dark seemed to disappear , I felt something hot pouring on my face. The pain triggered my hopeless sleep to finally end. And when I woke up reality drowned into me. A frown found its way on my lips and my eyes met two fierce eyes making my formed frown into fear.

Standing before me was a beautiful lady in her early 40's who now was glaring at me.. more like killing me with her daggers. If looks could kill I would  be dead.

"I don't see anymore you being affected by this hot water?"
She asked more like stated.

"Mom thank you for giving birth to me. Thank you for raising me well."

I said with a tearful eyes with my skin burning by that hot water that was my welcoming gift on my 18th birthday.

"I love you mom, no matter what I will always believe in you."

I completed forcing a smile that wouldn't form due to the intense pain.

Her features softened, if I was not mistaken or may be I hoped so , if I were to think now getting a smile from her seemed like a luxury , hugs and kisses were out of my league..

"Bitch its already 5 in the morning. Are you planning to rebel since you already are an adult now? Or is it that you are finally selling your body at night making you wake up soo late ?? I heard you came around 2 last night. What more can I expect from a lowly things as you ? Go cook our breakfast and clean up everything before you go to that filthy excuse of a school."
She snapped.

"Mom I graduated last week and yesterday the principle called upon me to say that I was accepted to New York Medical academy for 100% scholarship for wining in national levels in world quiz competition."

I said hoping her to at least acknowledge me. But as they say I always attract misfortune.

It seemed to be true now after what I heard  that came out as words  from her mouth hurt me  like snake venom.

"Whom did you sell your body to?
Of course you would not earn an entrance into medical school that too in NYMA with that stupid brain of yours." Mom spoke bitterly .

My heart clinched yet I felt numb... I consoled myself that one day everything would fall into place but sadly not anytime soon... Maybe never... I sighed and made way into the kitchen.

I had no appetite to eat anything so I cleaned all dishes and the floor of our luxurious mansion and made breakfast and lunch before making my way out.

"Mom I am heading to Lucy's place."

I shouted to hear nothing in response.

I had a motorcycle gifted by her so I climbed on the seat and headed to my best friends place. The only person in my life who loved me unconditionally other than my uncle.

''Mamaryyyyy" the unique name that she loved to call me, saying she pulled me into her world famous bear hug.

"I missed you soo much mamaryy " she said to which I grinned.

"Why is your skin soo pale? Stop this shit of diet and eat some food. You are pretty the way you are and miss doctor to be I heard it all that you were accepted .... I knew you would ...of course how couldn't you..... I would kick their asses if you weren't ...... "

She kept on blabbering which made me smile.

Lucy was a tall blond whom I have been close since kindergarten , she is a heartrob and guys die for her attention. If I keep things straight my cute little best friend is quite dumb when it comes to love. She doesn't even know that guys die for her attention. This innocent little thing.

"When are you leaving to New York ?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and replied "May be next month. I need to make some money before I leave , I can't mooch over my parents forever, now that I turned 18."

I said not realising the fact that I told off my birth date to my friend.

Tears filled in those Hazel orbs and made my heart clench.

"Traiter "

she muttered under her breath and pulled me into her another bone crushing hug.

"Why do you despise your birthday soo much? Is it because of Mrs. Black?" She asked.

"Nothing snow"

I said. Yes that's what I call my bestie.

"I respect your privacy but never despise your life Marry , someone who has to save lives should love their life foremost"

As usual she reminded me that I had to live because I am living ... Confusing I know but she said one day I would unlock that confusion.

"Snow I am leaving tomorrow to New York , uncle asked me to join his restaurant to make some money. I won't be seeing you any time soon. Love you snow."

I muttered caressing her fingers.

She gave me a sore eye before muttering "Money must be rotting in your home" under her breath but loud enough for me to catch. I sighed at her words.

She smiled and pulled out a gift that she prepared to present me on my admission .

"And this is your gift for your birthday ." she said kissing my cheeks followed by my forehead.

I wanted this soo badly on my birthday.

With a final goodbye I prepared to leave Miami and head my way to the capital .
----------------------------------------------------------
Thank u sanjana for making the very first cover Page of this book.