Chapter : 2

Mary's POV

"Two more servings of hand pulled noodles."

Uncle Sean shouted from his billing desk.

I swiftly motioned to the big basket that had the hand pulled noodles from the day before and heated it up with some rosé sauce and added broccoli, peppers , cilantro, enoki mushrooms and cream and it was ready to be served on the hotpot.

"Here's your order customer. Enjoy eating. "

I said giving them a tight lipped smile.

"Chloe stop eating like a monkey and clean your face. You look like a clown."

The guy who just received the order said more like sang.

In front of him was a chubby dimpled brunette whom he just referred to as pig... In my view she was a cute pig.

I smiled internally looking at her. She seemed to be around my age, a little immature if I may add.

She gave the guy sore eye before dipping herself with those food that I just served.

"I hate you brother."

She said to a man who looked like he was in his late twenties. He looked tired but his eyes had those adoration for his sister.

He caressed her arm and gave her a kiss on the cheek before muttering.

"I love too baby."

If I knew anything less I would totally assume that they were a couple. For siblings they didn't have things in common but for their brunette hair and the rare Hazel brown orbs with a tint of mocha.

Now that I looked at them closely they did seem alike.

"Earth to Marry."

Uncle laughed. I was soo preoccupied by my thoughts that I totally forgot about the hell lots of orders that were being served by uncle alone.

Guilt engulfed me not before I heard a shriek from that girl saying.

"People might think I am your girlfriend if you act all cozy."

"Aren't we in a relationship?"

The guy winked to his sister who was all red ready for a war.

Typical siblings or may be half typical I muttered under my breath before smiling involuntarily and made my way to the kitchen.

Something about him was off. It was like I knew him but I was sure that this was my first time seeing him.

I dismissed all those thoughts before making some fresh spaghetti pizzas.
Yeah you got it right it was a fusion item which was really famous around here.

It was a long day, almost to end , I cleaned the final portion of dishes and cleaned the compartments before serving myself and uncle some hot red rice and chickpea salad.

Uncle gave a me a soft smile before settling himself on the chair beside me.

At his age he was really a hotie, Miss Clair's words not mine.

He patted my back in a fatherly motion and muttered

"delicious"

"When will you join ?"

Uncle Sean asked, to which I replied the following month.

"Everything will be fine sweetie, time heals."

He said unnerving my internal tension.

"Don't hate Becca until the end. She needs time to accept the truth. You know how stubborn that lady is , please don't loose hope on her. "

"I will always love mom uncle in thick and thin, don't worry."

I said as a matter of fact.

Tears filled his mocha eyes. Whenever I saw them it reminded me of  mom. She had the similar bright big mocha eyes which my baby brother Brett inherited.

Mine were dark black just like dad while all my other features resembled that of mom.

"The more I see you grow the more you resemble Becca."

He said and gave me a heart warming smile.

I took the dishes to the basin and washed them before walking to the drawing room.

Uncle lived in a farm house close to the restaurant. Although the house had only two bedrooms the farm was really big and uncle harvested all those fresh vegetables to add onto to the dishes he made.

This made his restaurant more famous.

He lived here alone after my aunt died in an accident with their baby in her womb.

After 9 years of marriage and 7 years in relationship they had a baby through IVF.

It was such an unfortunate thing that could happen for someone soo good like my uncle.

He never looked at any other women since then. Williams were known to be loyal to their beloved.

What an irony I thought when mom's image popped in my mind.

"Go to sleep sweetheart."

He said giving me a kiss on the forehead.

No one really visited Uncle Sean except me so the room was filled with my stuff. I always spent my holidays since it happened.

I shivered at the thought of it. I paced around my bed before I calmed my hammering heart.

I gulped the cold liquid on my desk and sat on my bed. Slowly things started making sense. Slowly I realised that I was worth all that hatred from mom until everything fell dark and sleep consumed my fear.