Sacrifice

Akk Pov

My name is Akarat Daengprase

My name is Akarat Daengprase.  My close friends usually call me Akk.  I am 26 years old.  I currently manage my family's homestay in Chiang Mai.  A place where people can for a moment escape from the fatigue of a big city and enjoy a peaceful life in the countryside.  My dream is to make this homestay the main destination in Chiang Mai.  

 "Me?"  I asked

 "Erm ... You are in Chiang Mai right?"  Asked a man on the other end of the phone.

 "Of course. Where else can you go?"  I replied while laughing.

 "Then pick Phi na krab" Asked the man.

 "Pick-up?"  I was confused.

 The guy on the other end of the phone is Wongrawish Nonekratoke or we usually call him Phi Tone.  Phi Tone is 3 years older than me.  We first met at an internal training program at the Stars Hotel four years ago.  Thanks to the program, Phi Tone was accepted to work at the Stars Hotel. And in four years he has become a Manager at the Hotel.  I know he is a hard-working man who seems to be able to achieve his dreams easily.

 "Um ... Phi is at the airport right now, but Phi doesn't know how to reach your homestay." Phi Tone sounded like he was confused.

 His words made me surprised, panicked, and happy at the same time.

 "Oi, why don't you say that Phi will come here !!!"  I protested while hastily leaving my work and running into the homestay.

 "If Phi says this then it won't be a surprise"

 I chuckled "really? What if I'm suddenly not in Chiang Mai or busy. What will Phi do?"  I protested while looking for the car key in the reception desk drawer.

 "If you are not in Chiang Mai then Phi will return to Bangkok and if you are busy, Phi can wait for you. To meet Nong Akk, Phi can wait even up to seven lives though" 

 I paused for a moment and smiled at his seduction.

 "Meh, haven't seen you in four years and now Phi has turned into a seducer like this," I sneered, holding the car key.

 Phi Tone laughed.  The laughter that I miss.

 "Because for the past four years, Phi learned it from Nong Akk," he answered.

 I shook my head

 "Tsk ... ok ok ... If we keep talking then the day will change at night. Wait, I'll pick Phi up" I said while running to the parking lot

 "Thank you. Phi will wait for Nong," answered Phi Tone before hanging up the phone call.

 I put my cellphone in and opened the car door.

 "Phi Akk! Where are you going?"  My sister Orm shouted from the second floor balcony when I got into the car.  I start the engine and open the car window.