Chapter 17: Tornado's siblings

"I am glad to see you." Red Arrow says when he sees Raven in the vents "This reminds me of moms book." Raven mumbles "Red Attack?" he asks earning a nod "Did you read it?" he asks "No, I've been too busy for that." she says, she should've read it though, considering not many things changed besides the fact she has grandparents and her parents were fighting "I already send the watchtower an SOS." she says "Right, let's look for a way to shut them down.". At the Hangar Jake and Amelia are both KO in a fire cage, Tala is trapped in hardened stuff with Andy and Barry, the two androids are nowhere to be found "Now what?" Red Arrow asks "An EMP should shut down all machines within range" "Look, there's Red Tornado, in pieces, but still". Making an EMP would be easier if they could find the time "Recognized " the computer says before it's muted "Raven watch out!" Barry says, but the warning comes too late, so Red Arrow gets in front of her and he collapses when the fire stops "R-run" he says, but Raven narrows her eyes and jumps away from the next flames, but she soon loses her balance and falls in the water "Don't even think about it!" Shadow says kicking the android down "Getting serious deja vu" she mumbles and Nightwing groans "Oh yeah, your second day.", they fight the android and Raven pulls herself up on the platform "Hey guys, need a hand?" Tigress asks "A way to shut them down would be nice " Shadow deadpans so Tigress leaves with Nightwing "Hey mom," Raven says "any ideas how to keep them busy?" "A few", Shadow dodges the water and the flames before punching the closest one, shutting it down shortly. "We have been upgrade-" "Oh shut up" Shadow says dodging and she gets in front of her daughter when a fire blast is headed her way "Nightwing" she says "Could use the help. Raven!", water traps Raven and she starts coughing when she's dumped in the fire cage as well "Anytime now" Barry says "Do you mind? A lot changed at the mountain" "Right, sorry, what if I tell you the fire's burning through Shadow's outfit?" "She has her gems right?" Artemis asks "No I don't," Shadow says "Just hurry up!", she gets blown backwards and is knocked out upon impact with the water "Shadow!" Tala yells. Tigress groans "Agreed with Shadow, serious Deja vu" she says "Just with less people" she adds. They shut them down and dismantle them, better safe than sorry "I'm fine" Shadow says "Mom, you alright?" Sapphire asks walking over "I've had worse, way worse." "That you did." Nightwing says pulling her up "Well I suppose there's one less thing to worry about this time" she says mentioning to Red Tornado "Are you guys alright?" Superman asks "Peachy." Nightwing says "So why didn't you call my parents?" Andy asks "Well between then and now not much has changed in their fighting style." "Guess being a human has advantages." Barry says "Yep, you learn and improve the entire time," Tigress says "enough of that for now though, why are they back?" "I honestly don't know" Nightwing says with a sigh "We are not gonna worry about it" Shadow says "Superman is" she adds seeing the confused looks "Last week you wanted something to do, here's that something" Nightwing points out earning a sigh "What about you two?" he asks and the two just shrug.

"Mom take it easy." Jake tells her, she's lounging on the couch, trying to do anything besides fall asleep "Come on." Dick tells her, picking her up and bringing her to their room "I'm fine!" she complaints "You couldn't even walk afterwards." Sapphire calls after them "I'm worried." Jake mumbles "We changed it, she shouldn't be having these problems." "Yet here we are, do you think she's doomed to retire because of her legs no matter what we do?" Sapphire asks quietly. "She just has to take it easy." Jake assures her, or tries to, since he's not entirely sure himself.

They ask Alfred, who isn't sure either, but it's another visit from Martian Manhunter that scatters their hopes "B-but we-" "This wasn't your fault, you did everything you could." he assures the two while patting their heads "And yes, she might walk again, but not anytime soon." "But she can't be a hero in a wheelchair." Jake points out. Amber's listening from the nearby hallway and she clenches her fists, she already thought something was fishy when they suddenly behaved like siblings "Spying on your kids isn't usually your style." Alfred points out, so she sighs "Spying is my style Alfred, just like how I know where you keep your cookie jar." she tells him "You really don't want to be stuck in that thing do you?" he asks, earning a shake of her head "I know I'm lucky, hell the blow my back took should've made my legs paralyzed if it wasn't for the gem." "Then why not use it to fix your legs?", it's quiet at that, it could technically work, but she's not sure the gem would survive that strain "I'll give it a shot later.".

Turns out that T.O. Morrow wasn't behind the robots this time and he's aware they're not giving the pieces back to him, but that leaves them no lead whatsoever "Anyone in Gotham stupid enough?" Superman asks, but all the bats shake their head "I mean, if I was a villain I'd do it, but I have common sense." Amber deadpans "If you were a villain you would certainly have a good reason to be one." Bruce tells her, earning a blank look "I already have plenty of reasons why I could be one, but it sounds so boring, just organizing the people and what not." she admits.

Jason seeks her out after lunch that day "I know you're not in a position to help much, but, I may have said there's a mafia group in Bludhaven who can easily be taken out." "And you have no leads on them whatsoever." Amber deadpans, so Jason nods "Alright get me to the batcave and I'll help." "Thank you, Dickie bird said the cops have plenty of clues so he's handling it the 'legal' way." "And you wanna beat them to it, I know what that's like." she mumbles "Give me ten minutes to get all the info you need.".