wednesday ~ 8:56 am

"do you do anything aside from standing here?" chan asked, not in a condescending way. he was simply curious; he had never found it in him to speak to street performers such as minho. "when i pass by here in the evening, you're already gone."

minho shook his head a little, his scalp itching under the shower cap he used to hold his hair in place under the green crown. "i'm also a bartender."

chan raised his eyebrows. "really? respect, then. you're talking to people all day long; many would hate a job like that."

"do you see anyone else coming to talk to me?" minho asked, letting his guard drop as he snapped at chan. layers of paint could not conceal his frustration; no mask of pleasantry was thick enough.

chan understood that minho was not very popular. "well, like i said a couple of days ago, it might help not to look so aggressive. and perhaps a lighter shade of green would brighten up the look."

minho nearly scowled before deciding that chan was probably right. he sighed, opening his mouth, about to say something. a clock tower nearby struck nine times, which caused chan to blink in surprise.

"oh, i have a meeting to go to in another half hour. when do you usually leave?" chan asked hurriedly, putting his ever-increasing charity into minho's little silver bucket, scrambling the younger man's feelings. he didn't want someone he considered a friendly acquaintance to give him money; it didn't feel right.

minho thought for a moment. he wasn't one who liked to keep track of time, because knowing how long he'd been in a place would either stress him out of make him bored. "maybe around five in the afternoon? sometimes a little earlier, sometimes later. i don't really like to check the time often."

"hmm. try to see if you can stick around a little longer."

minho nodded, knowing he would not keep the promise.

and chan, returning after a long day in his office, had no one to whom he could give the second donut he'd bought.