friday ~ 9:03 am

chan arrived, breathless, in front of minho. the younger man looked down upon chan over the bridge of his sharp nose before realizing how rude his attitude would come off as.

"i got... you... some coffee," chan wheezed. "didn't know... what you... liked... figured that... iced americano... would be safe."

minho, only then, noticed the two identical drinks in chan's hands. "are you running late to something?"

chan checked his watch, letting a curse slip out from between his lips as he realized that he had to be somewhere in negative three minutes. "ceo park can wait; i put friends first."

"'friends'?" minho echoed without thinking. the word made him a bit happy. "yeah, i guess we're friends."

"you guess?" chan asked, a grin splitting his face.

"i do guess. but you still don't know my name..."

"that's fine," chan cut in. "it's fine not to tell me your name if you aren't ready yet. by the way, i saw your little smile. before i got here, i mean. you're smiling like an idiot right now; it's actually pretty charming. i noticed you making friends with a little girl a few moments ago. lady liberty—m'lady—is on a friend-making streak, hmm?"

in his more than three decades alive, minho didn't think that anyone had spoken to him in such a kind way for such a long amount of time. his heart fluttered a little as he blushed, but chan couldn't see under the layers of paint.

"oh! i also bought you some green sunscreen, so it's easier to exist in this heat." chan handed minho a medium-sized tube of said sunscreen, realizing that the latter's hands were completely full. "wait, let me put it in your bucket. lady liberty shouldn't hold sunscreen."

"lady liberty shouldn't be holding an iced americano, either, but look how far that's gotten us," minho joked.

he flicked his head back to allow a bit of air to grace his hairline, which was sweating profusely. the days were only getting hotter as the week came to a close.

minho sincerely despised april weather.

"anyway, you must be really late for whatever you were already slightly late for. good-bye, bang chan," minho continued, shooing his friend away to go where he needed to go.

chan stuck a finger in minho's direction, as if to make a point. "you'd better be here at five, lady liberty. i need someone to share my afternoon donut with."

minho smiled; minho nodded; minho agreed.

and, this time, minho kept his promise.