Chapter 0: The Hidden Truth

"Bianca wake up! Breakfast is ready!" My father called, and I woke up trying to wake up from the sleepiness. I headed downstairs to see my dad making delicious pancake art and said good morning to him. The art was cute cartoon characters in black food coloring. I ate the pancake while my dad was rummaging through his bag looking for his wallet.

"Hey dad?" I asked while eating my pancake. My dad looks up at me, "Yes sweetie?" "Hey um remember that you said about being able to have some fun time with me like father and daughter day?" I asked looking at him nervously, "Are you going to be busy for tomorrow?" My father looked at me and smiled, "Oh it will depend on when my boss is gonna call, but I'm sure maybe, just maybe we will hang out later, now finish your pancake so I can take you to the park for a bit later."

I finished like my dad told me to, gotten changed, then head in the car while he drove us to the park. The park was fun like always with its nice clean water rivers splashing by frogs hopping onto lily pads, gooses honking with the flock, bees collecting pollen from a row of beautiful flowers in a flower garden, and kids playing on the playground while me on a swing. I laughed as I was swinging up and down while my dad watched me, happy while sitting on a bench reading a book.

Soon after we finished playing in the park or well I did, my dad and I went to eat in a Chinese restaurant, my dad had chicken soup while I had chicken noodles, we also shared some pork chop dumplings along with some tea.

We then left the restaurant and headed to Cold Stone's Ice cream shop to buy ice cream. I have a cookies and creme ice cream on a cone with sprinkles on it while my dad decided to have a watermelon ice cream in a cone since he is on a diet.

We sat on the out side porch near the water fountain and ate our ice cream without getting a brain freeze.

Soon we went home, said good night to each other and slept peacefully.

Next Morning....

I woke up today and headed downstairs as fast to see what dad was making for breakfast, but as I got to the kitchen, he wasn't here in the kitchen. Then I decided to call him and headed upstairs and found him in his room wearing his business clothes.

"Dad. . ." I said. My dad looked up and saw me with a sad look on his face, I could tell something was wrong with his. "Is something wrong? Do you want me to help you?" I asked sitting next to him on his bed. "Oh Bianca, I'm afraid I have bad news," my dad sadly say, "I'm just very worried about you."

"Worried about me? I don't understand what you're saying," I say reluctantly trying to find out why he is so nervous. "Well, when you went to bed, I got a call from my boss. I am going to be gone for a few weeks," my dad said and hid his face to his eyes like he was gonna cry. I was surprised and sad, I couldn't believe that he told me that he was going to be gone for a few weeks.

He then got up and went out of his bedroom getting his suitcase and packing things in it.

*Later*

I heard a knock on the door, and I went to open it seeing was a guy who was gonna pick up dad. "Hi Bianca," he said, and I said hi back. "Can you see if your father is here? We have a long business trip to go to." 

"Oh yeah let me call him," I said as I went to call dad. My father went downstairs with his suitcases packed and fully dressed. 

As the man got in the car starting it up, my dad and I hugged each other for the last time we see each. "I have to go now Bianca," my dad said with tears in his eyes and he sniffled wiping the tears off him, "Promise me that you will try to do something new for the rest of your life?" I looked at him, smiled and said, "I will."