Prologue Part 3

After hours of flying, they finally made it to their destination, which was a medieval looking fortress with a drawbridge. Y/n landed first in his flying manta alien form before turning back into human.

Y/n: Finally! We made it!

Cobalt: Finally!?

Y/n turned around to see Cobalt land with Batgirl still clinging to his back.

Cobalt: We would have made it here sooner if you weren't slowing us down doing loop-de-loops on the way here!

Batgirl: WOW!

Batgirl leapt off of Cobalt and gazed at the Forever Knight's castle.

Batgirl: Frank wasn't kidding when he said it was a fortress.

Batgirl looked at the edge she was standing on and looked at the water encircling the old fashioned building.

Batgirl: It even has it's own moat! How are we gonna get in?

Y/n pondered for a moment, staring at the drawbridge and the windows. She did have a point. He never considered what to do if the building was actually decently fortified. They could fly up on the roof, but that might cause to much attention. His thoughts were interrupted by Cobalt.

Cobalt: I got this.

Cobalt flew over the moat and to the top of the risen drawbridge. He started pushing on the edge of the bridge with his boots planted on the side of the wall. He gave a few grunts as the bridge started to budge. Wooden creaks and metal groans were heard as the bridge moved more and more. Finally, a loud and metallic wiry snap was heard as the drawbridge fell open with a deafening slam. Cobalt fell but he caught himself with his jetboots before landing on the bridge and then doing a TADA pose.

Cobalt: Open sesame!

Batgirl gave him a small applause as Y/n showed some concern, worried that all the noise alerted some knights. He shook it off as he, Batgirl, and Cobalt walked into the castle. The long entrance hall was lined with medieval armors and antiques locked inside of display cabinets. On the walls hanged old tapestries, picturing knights battling monsters and preforming heroic acts. Y/n stopped and looked at something large standing in their path.

Y/n: Huh.

Y/n gazed up at a lifelike statue of a purple dragon with lavender wings and underbelly. On it's head were two horns and and a singular horn on it's nose. The statue stood up on a rounded stone platform with it's hind legs, looking up with its mouth opened wide, making it look like it was roaring.

Cobalt: Where do the knights get the money to buy this stuff?

Cobalt said continuing down the long hall. Y/n soon joined him as Batgirl stayed behind. She turned around and took out her phone and took a quick selfie with dragon in the background. She put her phone away and rushed over to join Y/n and Cobalt.

Cobalt: Dead end?

Cobalt asked as all three of them stopped at a wall with two tapestries hanging from it.

Cobalt: Who has a entrance hall that doesn't go anywhere?

Batgirl: Maybe they have a secret passage.

Y/n: That does sound like them. Spread out and see if you can find something.

They walked off in different directions to see what the could find. Y/n went to a set of armor. He eyed it at different angles, looking for a switch or button of some sort. He looked at the helmet. He raised up the visor. He took a glance around, seeing if any entrances were opening up. He brought the visor back down and looked again. No luck.