Chapter 2

Arid stood in his cave at jade mountain with his winglet. They all stood still. "Hello. I'm Arid." He said. I wonder if they put me in as an icewing or a sandwing. Maybe both? Because I have both abilities. Arid went with that because there were not 7 beds but 6.

He sat on the bed of sand, the warm sand. He also saw some ice cubes on it. This was made for him specially by Sunny and Peril. The sandwing and the warmest dragon on pyrhhia.

The rainwing waved to him. "Your scales are so sparkly and mixed up. Are you the hybrid our group was getting? I'm Spectral." She said. "Yep." Arid answered. I better not tell them my secret yet. Only father and mother and Mount know. Not even Thorn. Unless... nope. They would never tell thorn without his permission.

"I'm kelp. That's DreadReader." Kelp said. He pointed to a male nightwing posted on a ledge reading a scroll. "Hi. I'm Dread." He said. "Im Sunstone and thats Marsh over there." The Skywing said pointing to a female mudwing sleeping in a bed full of mud. The Skywing scooter closer to her soft bed made of pure grass. The nightwing slept on some rock and the seawing slept on a moss bed.

Arid shoved some of his scrolls on the rack next to his bed labeled 'Arid'. He looked at the schedule and saw that the next morning he would have small group discussion with... Sunny! Sunny was Arid's favorite DoD. He looked at the little hole in the ceiling to see it was dark over head. "It's getting late. Let's get to bed so we can be up early for small group discussion with sunny." Arid said plainly. He yawned and fell straight on his bed and fast asleep.

The next morning Arid woke up to a rain wing shaking him. "Ack!" He yelled as she rolled him into the stone wall. He lifted his head. It's so early. But I have to get up. It's not like I wake up early at home... but still- I like it here way more. The rain wing pulled him up and pulled him to the class. "OW! Let go of my ear!" He snapped. "YOUR LATE." She snapped back. He looked at a clock on the wall behind him.

Arid sat down rubbing his ear as Sunny entered. "Hello everybody! And Arid!" Sunny admired his white and pale yellow scales for a moment before speaking again. "Welcome to today's small class discussion. Anybody have a question for Arid, since he can answer sand-wing and ice-wing questions." Sunny explained. "Can you breathe fire or frost breath?" DreadReader asked with a quill to write down any information.

"Both." Arid answered. "Do you have a spiked tail, or a venomous barb?" Spectral asked. "Spiked tail." He said. He smiled with the rain wing. "Umm. Your horns... they have a tint of black sparks on them." Kelp admiringly said. Arid felt his horns and remembered the black speckles on his horns. He also remembered his black speckled wings. This was a sign of his animus powers. At least he thought so.

He spread his wings to show off the black speckles on his wings. "And kelp, that's a cool necklace." Dread interrupted. "Yeah! And is it SUPER COOL OR WHAT to breathe underwater?!?!" Spectral asked. Kelp smiled nervously and nodded. Sunny looked at the clock again. "Oops! Class is over, guys! Today is also an exploring day! No classes." Sunny said.

Arid left the room with sunstone. "So, what's it like being an animus?"