Chapter 1 - Nightmares - Part 2

A/N: Comment as you read, yeah? This is my first attempt at first POV inside a guy's head. So any comments will make my day. 

HARRY:

Everyone had gone absolutely crazy.

I refused to look at Zayn right now. Instead, I opted to lean back with my arms crossed in the oversized armchair. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Terry smirk at me. She was lying on the couch, sending gooey eyes to her boyfriend who was currently calling my gir—

Stopping myself, I refused to go there. She wasn’t mine anymore, and I didn’t know if she ever had been either. I groaned and sat up straight. My body was restless, and I contemplated getting a guitar simply to do something with myself.

“Cami?” Zayn said, and I glared at his back. “Whoa, it’s been a while… It’s so crazy to talk—I mean… how are you?”

He went silent as he sent me a triumphant glance before he left the room.

I looked over at Terry and nodded in his direction. “How are you okay with that? Shouldn’t you keep him on a shorter leash or something?”

She laughed heartily. “Oh, Harry. You’re like a pouting child sometimes.”

Resisting the temptation to cross my arms again, I simply gawked at her. “What?” It came out as a high-pitched squeal. I cleared my throat. “I’m not.”

“You so are,” she said with a broad smile. “Look, Harry. You know we love you and all, but you’ve been hiding out here for so long.” She reached over to nudge my shoulder. “You’re in a slump, mate.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “I’m not in a slump, Terry. I’m just … Really fond of your company. That’s all.”

Terry cocked one of her slim eyebrows. “Really? My company? Now I must laugh.”

Entangling my fingers together, I shrugged lightly. “I’m dead-serious.”

“If that’s the case,” she said. “Then maybe you should come out with me tomorrow. We could go shopping or go to the spa—those locks of yours could need a trim anyway.”

I widened my eyes. She couldn’t be serious, could she? Before I could think of a good enough excuse, Zayn came back into the living room. Saved by the bell.

“Yo, mate,” I said and almost jumped out of the chair in order to get away from Terry, who was, once again, smirking at me. “Want to do something? Hang out? Jam a bit?”

Zayn just stared at me. “I talked to Cami.”

I gulped, and my heart began to race. I wasn’t ready for this. “How…” I choked up and sat back down. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes for a moment, in an attempt to find my inner peace. “How is she?”

“She apologized, of course,” he said. “A lot of times, actually. Had to interrupt her to shut up.”

Snorting, I turned away and this time I did cross my arms. Of course, she’d apologize to Zayn. Their friendship had been so precious.

“She’s not well, though,” Zayn said.

I jerked around. “What? Why not?

He shrugged. “She didn’t give any details, but it sounded like she’d just been crying. It didn’t seem like she wanted to talk about it, so I let it go.”

Fuck if she wanted to talk about it, I need to know what’s wrong, I thought and clenched my fists. Lucky for me, my hands were hidden behind my biceps, so my companions didn’t notice.