Chapter-1

Character Introduction

Avni is a 25 year old girl who is brilliant in a lot of things including breaking hearts but not in the way one would think. It can get a little difficult to understand her. She is a conundrum. A simple girl full of complexities. The biggest hopeless romantic but someone who runs away from love. Open and super friendly with everyone but has walls around her heart. Loves everyone but avoids falling in love with someone. She had boys crushing over her since she was a kid in school throughout her teenage and adult life even till now. She is a good singer, an amazing dancer, brilliant mind with a fun personality and an attractive physical appearance. She is a pretty girl but isn't the most beautiful woman in the room, yet, there is a charisma and aura to her that brings her all the attention and stares. Her entire life she has had men falling in love with her. She is a genuine friend to people and wishes to keep it that way as she believes that romance in your life breaks the bonds in your friendship and thus friend zones every guy. During her time in New York, she had the biggest of stars flirting with her and wanting to get a date with her but not once did she lead anyone on. She didn't like breaking hearts but finds herself doing it more than anything else. Her ideal man was a good man. A man that is calm, mature, kind, respectful, simple and honest. She does not want any crazy man that would create more drama in her life, she is crazy and dramatic enough. Guess destiny has opposite plans. Rejection, Heartbreak, Drama, Emotional Turbulence, and Insanity is all what is waiting for her in London.

Avni's POV

Okay, finally the day has come when I'll move my entire life to yet another country. Sometimes, I feel like this whole self made independent woman is such an overrated idea. Don't get me wrong, I have always wished for the life I'm living but man it's too taxing. Living a simple life in India, working a regular job, getting married by 25 and staying home waiting for my husband would have been so much easier but no, I wanted to make it big in life, be financially independent, travel the world and live like a nomad. I moved to the United States from Delhi two years back when I was 22. 

I was an exceptional student and ended up with a job at Nike as an Assistant Product Designer. I have worked at the New York Office for the last two years and now I'm being transferred to London. I have had some of the best and the worst days here but while packing my life in these suitcases I can definitely say that I have fallen in love with New York. There have been stressful work days but the amount of money I have made here, the number of celebrities I have not just met but had meetings and conversations with is unimaginable. I feel completely at home here, the city is magical. I don't know how I'm going to survive in London. Adjusting from one culture and country, to the second and now to the third, but as Frank Sinatra said "If you can make it in New York, you'll make it anywhere."

Ohhh mannn!! I'm struggling with this whole packing. I've heard so much about the British weather and how crazy it is. I just can't find the right things to pack. How much of what? I have watched so many videos on you tube, searched on so many sites and they all seem to talk about the rain. I guess I'll have to limit my summer outfits as they won't be of much use there. 

Phone Rings,,, Ring,, Ring,, Ring

Namaste Mom! (Namaste- Hello or respectful greeting in Hindi)

Yes Mumma, I'm trying to pack all the necessary things. How's everyone at home? Cool, I'll call you once I'm done and keep you guys updated on the flight journey.

Yup, that's my family Mom, dad, brother, Uncle and Auntie (dad's brother and his wife) as we all live together in a joint family with absolutely no problems among us including all other relatives. Believe me when I say this, I have a huge extended family of 500 people and everyone loves everyone so no drama there. I also have a big group of friends who would take a bullet for each other and all of us are in different countries, no drama there as well. I am literally blessed when it comes to my people, support, relationships and love. I am grateful for the people in my life. 

About my love life, all I can say is it's non existent since time immemorial. I'd also like to take it upon myself for it being this way. I will not try to be humble here as I am extremely self aware. I know I'm capable of attracting people without wanting, let alone trying but I haven't been able to find that Man. I've had a few flings but nothing major. I don't know what my problem is. I want to be loved in the best way as I believe I can love someone greatly but as also distance myself from love. My best friend Sirry thinks I'm mad for being this way. She is more excited for me than I am and thinks I'll find my man in England. It won't be wrong to say that she creates and lives in a fantasy world of guys all day and night. I love imagining all this as well and that's what makes us almost sisters but I don't think too much about this. I love my life, I live my life and I enjoy being with myself. When it's meant to be, it will be. Until then, imaginary boyfriends will do.

Bad Reputationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें