Bog Beasts (Part 2)

Branch was surprised, "My-my grandma?"

Poppy said, "Oh, my goodness."

Barb said, "Whoa, deep."

King Peppy said, "Yes, it belonged to your grandmother before that terrible day. The Bergens had found it in her old pod and when I found out about it, I was hoping to give it to you as a gift."

Branch was still trying to process all of it until he said, "A priceless artifact from my grandmother."

He turned to Poppy and said, "Poppy, change of plans: I have to go back and find that package."

Poppy said, "Well, I'm going with you."

The Snack Pack agreed to go with them, too.

And everyone else.

Branch and the others then left for the bog to find the package.

***

Once they had made it to the bog, Poppy suggested they all split up, "Branch, Barb, Cooper, Satin and Chenille, Guy and Tiny Diamond, Biggie, DJ Suki, Smidge, and I will search the north part of the bog. Delta, D, Trollzart, and Trollex will search the east. And Hickory, Dickory, the K-Pop gang, and the Reggaetón Trolls will search the west. I think the flare is what drove the Bog Beast to us, so we will instead meet back here at the end of the day and come back tomorrow if we still don't find the package."

Everyone agreed and went their assigned directions.

***

Poppy, Branch, Barb, and the Snack Pack searched for almost the entire day.

Barb said, "Dudes, maybe we should start heading back. It's almost sunset."

Poppy said, "You're right. Branch, we'll just have to hope the others have found it and if not, come back tomorrow."

Branch hesitated and then agreed.

But, once they were about halfway there, something had caught their eye.

It was an old shipwreck.

Smidge asked, "How is there an old shipwreck here?"

Branch answered, "The ocean's not too far from here. Hey, a lot of creatures like to hide out in places like this, so maybe the package is in there."

Poppy said, "Great idea, Branch! Let's check it out!"

They all went onboard the ship.

"Hello?"

"Anyone here?"

Tiny said, "Hold me, Daddy!"

Guy did just that.

The ship was filled with bones of dead creatures and some old artifacts.

DJ asked, "Do you really think the Bog Beast could live here?"

Poppy said, "It's a possibility."

Biggie then asked, "Then, how do we know it won't come back sometime soon?"

Branch said, "That's actually a good point. We need to check every part of the ship and then get out of here."

They had searched every inch of the ship...until finally, Branch had found the package.

Everyone cheered, but then suddenly, they heard a strange noise.

Cooper asked, "Dude, what's with all that racket?"

Tiny shouted, "I'm scared, Daddy!"

Guy said, "Me, too, son! Me, too!"

Branch and Poppy then got worried because it was the same sound they heard before the first attack.

The whole ship then started to fill up with smoke with everyone screaming until finally, the smoke had disappeared, but the package was gone again.

Branch yelled, "No! Not again!"

They all got off the ship and were greeted by the rest of the search team.

Delta asked, "Are you alright?"

Hickory said, "When you didn't show up, we went your direction and then heard screaming."

Poppy answered, "We had found they package, but then it got swiped by the Bog Beast again!"

Branch had a look of deep sadness on his face.

Everyone tried to comfort him.

D said, "Don't worry, man. We'll keep searching."

Trollex said, "After all, you've helped us a lot. Now's the time we help you."

Branch then smiled, "Thanks, guys. That means a lot."

Wani then said, "But, since the Bog Beast knows we know where he hides his stuff, it might try to find a new hiding spot."

Hickory said, "She's probably right, but I think I know where the new hiding place is."

But, once they saw it was getting dark, they decided to pick it up tomorrow, and Branch knew he had to be prepared.