Chapter 2

Shikamaru yawned as he looked around the clothing store. He and Naruto needed new clothes it was almost time for graduation and they needed a new aura. As he strolled down the different items he picked pieces of clothing that could be paired with others. Naruto on the other hand was at the blacksmith to get our swords forged and pick up some scrolls in secret from the Namikaze compound. As he rounded up the outfits he paid for them and headed out. 

'Maybe we should eat out tonight, it's been awhile since we all went out,' Shikamaru thought as he looked up to see Ino and Chouji. He sighed internally, this is gonna be drag...........

"Hey Shikamaru, been a while," Ino calls out, running up to him. Chouji waved as his mouth was stuffed with food per usual.

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" Shikamaru asked stuffing his hands in his pockets, the bags at his sides.

Chouji swallowed his food before speaking, "Didn't your Father tell you, were having a clan gathering to celebrate us continuing the Ino-Shika-Cho squad,"

Shikamaru hummed "No, I have been shopping all morning, then I have training with Naruto,"

"Are you coming to the gathering or what," Ino pushed as she folded her arms. Shikamaru rolled his eyes at her Persona. 

"I don't have a choice it has to do with the clan, I'll come after training," Shikamaru smiles as he looked to the sky. 'The clouds should be rolling in later, maybe I can cloud watch with Naruto too,'

"Can't you just skip I'm sure your Dad would understand," Ino pouted. Naruto silently appeared behind the Yamanaka with scrolls in his hands.

"Sorry Yamanaka, no can do Shikamaru is slacking," Naruto gave said person a pointed look. Shikamaru laughed nervously at the thought of Naruto and Kurama being his slave drivers.

Chouji smiled at Naruto offering him some chips, whenever an Akimichi does this you know you've earned their respect. Naruto was flattered but told Chouji to eat his share. Ino glared slightly at the boy. He annoyed her to no ends, always using Shikamaru like a puppet.

"I wasn't talking to you clanless brat, go bother someone else," She hissed at him.

Shikamaru's body went ridged as he grabbed her arm, "Ino be careful of your words, you know nothing,"

Naruto laughed quietly as he walked around them to stand by Shikamaru's side. Chouji gave Ino a slight glare. "Ino what was that for?" Chouji asked.

Ino scoffed at their behavior and pulled her arm away. "It's only the truth he causes so much trouble in the village with his pranks and that overly perky personality. People aren't always happy he should be considered and point blank he's annoying,"

Shikamaru raised his hand to hit her but Naruto stopped him, he turned to Naruto with a confused look. "Don't, your clans have an alliance don't ruin it, I'm not worth it,"

Shikamaru flicked his forehead. "Stop talking non sense, of course your worth it your too kind for this world," Naruto rubbed his forehead a smile gracing his lips.

He grabbed Shikamaru's arm. "Let's go, we have training," As they began walking off Chouji followed them leaving Ino shocked as she was abandoned.

*********************************************

The three boys panted as they arrived when the gathering was in full swing, it was being held at the Akimichi Main Gathering Hall. They were exhausted as they walked up to the Hall, when they entered they could hear their parents chatting loudly, the three clans meshed together quite nicely. Their parents and Ino were in a circle on a raised area so they were slightly above the other clansmen. They headed over getting comfortable, Naruto felt out of place and was going to leave when Choza and Shikaku pulled him down between them. 

"Where you going?" Choza grinned, "Stay you're a Nara,"

Naruto looked shocked at the declaration made by the Akimichi Head. "W-What,"

Shikaku smiled at him holding up a jug of sake, "Naruto, your family always will be,"

'Kurama, did you hear that......I'm a Nara' Naruto thought as he sat down in the circle. Shikamaru was on the other side of Choza, he leaned back and joined their hands from behind the large man. Naruto smiled and blushed a bit.

'I did Kit, it's wonderful,' Kurama praised. 'Speaking of which, what team do you hope to be on,'

Naruto thought careful before he answered. 'I would have loved to be on a team with Shika and Chouji but I can't so I'll try to get along with whoever I get placed with,'

'Adapting to new situations, wonder who you learnt that from,' Kurama thought lazily. Naruto smiled but didn't answer. He was focused on his grip on Shikamaru's hand. It was comforting especially since he never held anyone's hand. It was nice.

"You can't be serious!" Ino blurted out causing the entire Hall to  be quiet. Inoichi gave her a stern look.

"Ino show some manners, you were raised better," He scolded. Ino stood up with a heated glare directed at Naruto who gripped Shikamaru's hand tighter.

"I don't care he doesn't deserve to be apart of the Nara clan, he's ungrateful for what this village has done for him, his parents-," Ino didn't get to finish as Naruto flew up at the mention of his parents.

"You can talk trash all you want about me, but don't you ever bring my parents into your pathetic attempt to tear me down," Naruto growled lowly as he tried to keep Kurama's chakra at bay.

Ino glares at him raising her voice. "Like your parents are anybody just nameless shinobi that were weak and died in battle!"

Naruto's eyes went blood red and he snatched Ino's neck in his grip. She screamed causing all the clansmen to become alert. Naruto's eyes narrowed to slits as he scowled at her. "You might be the only clueless one in the room, are you really that blind to who my parents are,"

He released her neck and bowed deeply to Inoichi. "Sorry, For grabbing your heir and nearly causing her bodily harm, please accept my deepest apologizes."

Inoichi ruffled his hair and tapped his forehead. "I don't blame you, although you could've not grabbed her, I don't blame you. I'm sorry for her ignorance, she doesn't know your heritage."

Ino looked horrified as she held her neck. "Who the hell are you?!" Naruto only gave her a cold glance before disappearing in a yellow flash.

Shikaku sighed and got up, Shikamaru following his lead. "I think we are turning in for the night, Inoichi, Choza see you at the gate tomorrow,"

The Head and his son quickly headed back to the compound and landed on the roof next to Naruto who was star gazing. Shikamaru collapsed on him, running a hand through his hair. "Troublesome blonde,"

Naruto snorted before laughing loudly, he really knew how to cheer him up. Shikaku chuckled at the two and ruffled both of their heads leaning back.

"Dad tell a mission story," Shikamaru whined as he crawled over Naruto to lay on his father's chest. Shikaku pulled Naruto on his chest as well and puffed out his cigarette smoke before telling one of his many adventures with his friends.........

"Thank you for accepting me," Naruto blurted out, eyes trained on the sky. The Nara's smiled at Naruto, no words were needed but knowing the blond he just had to say it.