Chapter Seventeen

I woke up with Luke next to me. It was already sunlight outside but it was only 5 p.m. I slept the whole night, Luke was right. I pulled myself to sit and looked at Luke who had his back to me.

I shook him and he tried to push my hands away.

"Luke!"

"What?" He mumbled tiredly.

"I slept!" I called as I jumped out of the bed.

But he didn't responded. His eyes slowly closed and I could tell he was tired.

I slept a whole night and I never thought a thing like that will make me so happy. I crawled back into the bed and tried keep sleeping, but I guess luck only comes once a day. I ended up laying and staring at Luke once in a while for two hours.

Until it was time to get up.

****

"Okay I'm signing you to paretners but that doesn't mean you can take yourself a few weeks for the project. I want in on my desk next monday. You have a week and you're working in couples, that should be enough." Miss Carter spoke as she stood and leaned against her desk.

"Calum and Amy."

When she said that, my hopes already sanked. I'm not getting Calum which means I have to prey now so I wont get anyone annoying.

"Jefery and Matt."

"Anna and Thomas."

"Dan and Rick."

"Ashton and Noah."

No way. The moment she said my name in the same sentence with Noah, Calum lifted his head and stared at me wide eyes.

"Relax." I mumbled and tried to act cool, but the truth was, that I felt tension slowly filling me.

"Luke and John." Miss Carter said as she glanced up to look at the empty seat that belongded to Luke.

But Micheal was here, so it got me more curiouse to know where Luke is.

"Anyone knows where is Luke?"

No one replied so she just sighed and kept reading names from her list.

When the bell finally rang, I stood up and walked out of the class. I cant believe I'm going to have to work with Noah, he will try to pull something for sure.

I opened my locker and stuffed my things inside.

"Ashton." I turned around to see Noah standing infront of me with his hands in his pant's pockets. He stood there, looking silghtly irritated as he looked at me.

"Today in the library. Be ready to stay until late, I want to get this over today."

I nodd since I kind of agreed with that. I prefer finish this quickly and not face him unless its necessary.

"And don't tell Luke, I'm not in the mood for this." He whispered angrily as he came closer and leaned toward my ear.

"In the mood for what? Did he said something?" My eyebrow furrow in confusion.

"Just keep your mouth shut."

****

I walked out of the school and started heading to the library.

I hope it will go fast and easy, that Noah won't try something. I know he actually hate Calum and less me, but he's still a bully if him and his friends beat us for no reason.

When I finally reached the library, I walked in and was greeted by the librarian, who gave me a small nodd.

I started taking books who might help us with the project and then sat in the corner, at one of the empty tables.