Chapter Thirty Seven

"At least let me pay your rent for a few months." Dean urged. I was on the front porch, trying to leave for ten minutes but Dean wouldn't let me.

"No." I rolled my eyes.

"You guys gonna need the money for the wedding, it'll just make it easier on you."

"Dean we're doing fine, you don't need to worry." I sighed.

"Still as a young couple-"

"Luke already called me five times, I have to go!" I called as I walked past the porch and stepped on the grass.

"Remember my offer!" He yelled.

"Okay!" I yelled back.

I noticed five missed calls from Luke twenty minutes ago but I had no battery and I just decided to go home. My phone already went off and it was past four, so Luke was probably home.

****

I entered the flat to be greeted by silence.

"Luke?" I called out and heard the door of the bedroom crack open.

"Where were you?" He was already shirtless

"I went to see Dean." I walked over to him and kissed him. He tugged my hair and pulled me more into him but I pulled away befor things will go further.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Your father was here today."

"What?" He raised his eyebrows and I could see the anger forms in his face.

"With you? Alone? I hope you didn't let him in-" He already started getting angry.

"Luke." I placed my palm on his mouth.

"He said you weren't answering his calls and that he wants to talk to you about the wedding." After I was done explaining I took my hand off of his mouth.

"Why did you even let him in?" He snapped.

"Because he asked. What was I suppose to say? No?"

"You were suppose to call me the second you saw him."

"I called after and you didn't pick up. All he wanted was to talk about the wedding." I reassured.

"He know's I work, so why fucking come when I'm not here?"

"I don't know."

"Next time, don't let him in." He walked back into the bedroom.

I followed him and saw him sitting on the bed, taking off his pants.

"Luke?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He sighed.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Take a shower with me?"

"Okay." I nodded again.

****

Luke did end up talking about it as we both laid in bed and tried to sleep.

I could tell that it was hard on him but he refused to show it.

I glanced at the nightstand to look at the clock. It was four a.m. but I just couldn't go back to sleep.

I glanced back to look at Luke, who slept peacefully beside me.

I got off the bed slowly, careful not to wake him up as I did, and left the room.

I slipped into my shoes and pulled on a shirt. I grabbed my phone and texted Luke I went out for a walk. We decided that that's how its going to be from now on, if I'm leaving in the middle of the night, I need to text him so if he'll wake up and look for me he'll check his phone first.