iv. TAKE US BACK

Kara's Pov🪓| words: 1274 |🪓

Kara's Pov
🪓| words: 1274 |🪓

It had been a few hours since I had reunited with my dad. My mother's expression looks as if she's guilty as ever and Shane looks pissed.

Daryl was fuming and so was I when I found out that they left Merle. I'm sure my dad had his reasons but you don't leave someone in a city surrounded by walkers.

"I didn't mean to drop the key" T-Dog explained as he followed me over to a nearby log.

Everyone was discussing on going to Atlanta and I was definitely tagging along. I can't stay in this camp any longer.

"I don't care, T-Dog. You left him" I retorted, beginning to sharpen my knife. He took a seat beside me and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Come on, man. I locked the door shut" He assured, I scoffed "Wow, hero of the year" he frowned at my sarcasm "Merle's an asshole".

I scoffed at that too "Yeah, he may be an asshole but he's still human and no human deserves to be left in a city filled with drooling freaks".

-

I stood beside Daryl at the small campfire as Shane walked after my dad. The annoyance was evident on my features as I stared the deputy down angrily.

Daryl glanced at me "Ya alright?" he asked, concern lacing in the mans voice. I nodded stiffly before running a hand through my hair.

"Rick? Could you just throw me a bone here, man? Why would you risk your life for a douche-bag like Merle Dixon?" Shane asked as they walked by us.

Daryl tensed up "Hey! Choose ya words more carefully" Shane turned to him "No, I did. Douche-bags what I meant" I rolled my eyes.

"You aswell, Kara. Why are you wantin' to go? Merle wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dyin' of thirst" Shane asked looking over at me.

Daryl decided to interrupt "Yeah he fuckin' would" earning a sharp glare from Shane.

"What he would or wouldn't do, doesn't interest me and I'm sure it don't interest my daughter either. We left Merle like an animal in a trap" My dad defended, I smiled.

"So you, Kara and Daryl? That's your big plan?" My mum asks, her eyes darting across the three of us, my dad eyes Glenn up and down.

"Glenn" I say motioning for him to come along, he knows the city like the back of his hand "Oh, come on" Glenn groans, I raised an eyebrow.