Chapter 34

Waking up earlier than everyone else didn't bother him

Waking up earlier than everyone else didn't bother him. He had to go on a fly around, his body urged him to stretch out his wings.

He had to avoid stepping on everyone, dodging bodies on the floor of the male's area. He can't deny almost faceplanting after tripping on Ojiro's tail.

It was easy to walk quietly down the halls of the cabin, since his hearing is so acute, he can adjust his own body to be soundless, depending on how much he can hear. Helps quite a lot in his opinnion.

He opened the front door and shut it behind him, the cold morning air hitting him in the face. A breeze pushed at the trees, making the leaves shift and rustle. Birds chirped and gave out their morning calls.

His wings spread out slowly, toxic eyes moving to focus on the sky rather than the trees and undergrowth.

He moved without thought, the large wings silently pushing him up into the sky. Each flap was known with the sound of the wind resisting against the feathered appendages.

He felt so free in the sky, eyes shinning and brimming with excitement. A smile was slapped onto his face as he made it above the cabin everyone else resided in.

His body spun in a 180°, his wings tucked into his body as he fell towards the ground. The large wings spread out once again as he spun back to face the ground.

He was an arms length to the ground before he flapped his wings again, getting shot back into the sky. He raised higher, light starting to fall upon the ground below him.

His body stopped as he stayed stationary in the sky. Each flap of his wings kept him up, kept him from falling.

Both of his eyes watched as the sun rose into the sky. Vibrant colors of red and orange entered the sky, taking over the once black colored sky that was dotted with stars.

His smile stayed as he stared at the sun, too bright for his sensitive eyes, but beautiful. He wished he was able to properly look at the sun without it burning more than usual. But that's what happens when your body changes without you wanting it to.

He started to desent, the smile on his face fading and the sparkle in his eyes depleting. His face changed from excited back to his mask in seconds.

Not like he wasn't used to fixing it.

Once his feet came in contact with the ground, he sighed. His wings folded behind his back, and footsteps approached him.

He was too distracted to notice or even care, but once a hand was placed on his left shoulder, he became defensive. His feathers bristled, and he moved faster than he expected to be able to.

He ripped his glove off, and before it hit the ground, his hand was on the throat of whoever touched him as he pinned them to the ground. His eyes glowed as he growled at the person, before recognizing who it was.

He calmed down instantaneously, hand loosening and face relaxing as he picked himself off the male. The redhead stayed on the ground, and Izuku just wanted to fly back into the sky.

"Sorry..." He muttered, feathers on his cheeks twitching nervously as his right hand scratched at his left arm. Even when he scratched lightly, white marks on his skin were made. He wasn't up for injuring himself. No matter how bad he felt.

It was a suprise when the male jumped up and smiled brightly, "It's no problem!" He beamed, voice loud in his sensitive ears, "I should've known not to touch you yet"

"Is it because of your eye?" Those words caused a flinch from the winged teen. He wasn't expecting any questions of his eye to arrive.

It took him a second to respond, "yes" he hesitated, "my eye will slowly lose sight over time, it's already pretty hard to see from it"

Surprisingly, Kirishima stayed silent for a few moments, other students around not paying attention to the conversation. "Oh"

Izuku didn't expect the male to not voice his thoughts. The redhead usually was so bright, it confused him. Did he feel bad for Izuku? Did he say the wrong thing?

God emotions are so confusing.

"Um" the teen's voice wavered, "Did I say something wrong? Are you okay?" His hand moved from lightly scratching his arm to inching towards Krishima's shoulder.

He almost jumped out of his skin when the male smiled brightly and pushed himself into his face. "I'm great! Your scar on your eye is so manly! I just wished it didn't affect your eye" At the mention of his eye, the shark toothed teen deflated once again.

But, he bounced back up and pointed to the scar over his right eye, "we kinda match!" He exclaimed with the energy of a child who was gifted a new toy.

"I, I guess" the teen stumbled over his words, overwhelmed by the way the other male acts. It was too bright, brighter than he was used to. Equal in value with the sun.

His response got another toothy smile, before the shark retreated to his friend group.

Hitoshi appeared besides Izuku and let himself be known before approaching his friend. "You good?" He asks the stunned Izuku, who was still in a trance of confusion.

He snapped out of it from the voice of the purple haired male, a small nod showing his status.

"Bright isn't it?" Another nod from Izuku.

"Get used to it"

Izuku practically deflated at that sentence.
________________

Published: August 3, 2020

I have online school starting in a couple days, so it may take longer to get out updates. They may become more sporadic, but I'll still update.