7.

❝The most dangerous women of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her, because she carries one of her own.❞ - r.h. Sin

══════════════════

"You should just tell him already."

I turn on my heel to glare at Sawyer. Easier said then done! "You should just tell him already." I mock his stupid suggestion underneath my breath, groaning. "Thank you for the amazing advice."

He laughs, raising his hands up in surrender. "Jeez, calm down, will you? I don't know what else you want me to say."

It's been two days since I've found out my darling mate-to-be is none other then Beta Niko from the Parity pack. After having a mental breakdown and locking myself in my room for the rest of the night, I decided to confine in Hira. Unfortunately for me, Hira provided nothing but immense support. Instead of helping me pack my bag and change my identity, she's trying to start brainstorming kids names!!

I'm nineteen, no thank you! 

This is what I get for having a best friend who's based their entire future on Human romance novels. Hira has been counting down the days since she turned eighteen until she finds her mate. Some girls only goal in life is to find their true mate and settle down, but that isn't me. I don't want to be tied down, forced to obey and listen to someone else. I already deal with that on a daily here, I don't need another man trying to tell me what to do. 

The next person on my list of potential people that will help me escape was Sawyer. 

While Sawyer wasn't thrilled with the idea of me being mated to Beta Niko, he didn't offer up much assistance. He keeps laughing at me whenever I talk about living with the Humans. I don't think he understands how dead serious I am. 

"I can't tell him, Saw. You know how he is." I frown, falling onto my bed next to my brother. I cross my legs underneath me, settling into the comforter. Just the sheer idea of telling my father what is going on sends me into flight-or-fight mode.

He sighs, "Well, you can't avoid both of them forever. I mean, eventually Beta Niko's going to want to take you back to his pack."

"I won't go." My response comes quick, sharp and firm. "My family is here. My friends are here."

Sawyer's gaze is sorrowful as he looks me over. He leans over, patting me on the shoulder in a comforting manner. "I know, Sammy, I know." He hums out in response, trying his best to calm me down but I know there's no use.

The Moon Goddess, for whatever reason, has decided to trap me again. I prayed this day wouldn't come so soon, but I have no other choice. She's made her decision. Now, it's just up for me to decide what to do with it. 

══════════════════

Wednesday creeps up on me like a silent ghost. It's the middle of the week, inching closer and closer to my ultimate demise. I may be being just a tad bit dramatic, but I can't help it. I've somehow managed to avoid both Beta Niko and my father over the last couple of days.

It turns out that if you actually follow rules and stay in your quarters, it's rather easy to keep to yourself. Who would have known? 

But my luck has officially run out.

Father requested us all via mindlink to meet in the private west wing for lunch. He's been too busy, trapped behind closed doors with other councilmen, to bother with any of us. I shift in my seat, anxiously eyeing the door, awaiting his arrival. Sawyer is next to me as emotional support, as my mom sits across from us blissfully unaware of my inner turmoil.