CHAPTER:10 || Making up

Next morning Kiara decided not to go to her college because she had slept extremely late last night and she wasn't in the mood, moreover her college was almost over. It was already the end of May and they were all planning on a class party in the first week of June.

After freshening up, she came out of Emily's room to go to the kitchen as she decided to prepare breakfast. As soon as she entered the living area her eyes were quick to notice Michael laying on the couch on his stomach with a cushion covering his face. An involuntary smile touched her lips as she looked at him and thought she'd wake him up after the breakfast was ready.

She then made her way to Janet and with a very light knock she opened the door just to meet with Janet who just came out of shower and was in a robe.

"Good morning," Kiara smiled and Janet greeted her back with equal warmth. Kiara then told Janet she would bring her a pair of clothes as Janet didn't intend on staying but everyone insisted so she did. Kiara quickly made her way to Emily's room again and brought a pair of her t shirt and sweatpants for Janet as she had some of her clothes in Emily's closet.

"Be quick, the breakfast will be ready in minutes." Kiara informed her, giving her the clothes.

"Wait! Just five minutes I promise. Let me help you too." Janet was quick to offer and Kiara raised one brow.

"You really do wanna learn how to cook." Kiara teased, making Janet groan and she giggled. Zach had filled her up with how Janet didn't know how to cook and how she couldn't differentiate garlic from ginger.

Janet quickly got ready and then they both made their way to the kitchen and as they went through the living area, Kiara again smiled when she looked at Michael.

But then Kiara noticed something and it irritated her. Why am I smiling so much lately? What the hell is wrong with my facial muscles?

She quickly shook herself out of her thoughts and with Janet, she started to prepare breakfast. During this time of three weeks, that Michael has been living with them, Kiara had noticed how he loved French Toasts and Orange Juice and so that was exactly what she was preparing.

However, Janet was again quieter than usual. So Kiara asked: "You do consider us as friends, right?" Kiara asked Janet out of the blues. Janet, in her utter confusion looked at Kiara and frowned.

"Of course I do." Janet answered.

"Then why aren't you telling me what's wrong with you? You are off since last night." Kiara said and Janet sighed as she looked away.

"It's not that I don't want to." Janet then let out a breath. "It's extremely complicated. I don't know what to say because this isn't about me and that's why I'm more worried." Janet tried to be vague. Kiara frowned as she tried to comprehend Janet's words and then it hit her.

"Is it about Michael?" Kiara asked, almost worried. Janet hesitated but then gave her a weak nod. Janet didn't explain anything further, neither did Kiara ask any more questions.

When everything was almost ready and they were about to set the table, Kiara finally decided to wake Michael up. When she reached him, she placed a hand on his back as he was still on his stomach and cushion was on his face and shook him a few times. "Wake up, Michael!" Kiara said it loud and clear for him to listen. He didn't move. Not at all.

Kiara rolled her eyes and shook him more harshly. "Wake up, Michael! Wake up!" She raised her voice as she leaned a bit closer to his ear. He still didn't move. Kiara raised her brows. "How heavy of a sleeper you are?!" Kiara exclaimed, shaking him again and again and again. He finally groaned, as he stirred in his position. "Thank God you are not in a coma! Wake up!" Kiara hissed but he simply covered his ears and snuggled more into the couch, covering his face with the cushion as he mumbled something incoherent. Janet shook her head, watching them as she was setting the table.