15. The Picture of Dorian Gray

December 21st

It was Friday, and Vic had insisted we go out instead of us talking as we usually did. We didn't go out of town as he usually did, instead we sat at the park. I was laying on the bench, resting my head on Vic's thighs while I played with his hair.

"You're adorable, but get up. I want to give you something," Vic told me. Whining, I sat up and faced him.

"Christmas is in a few days, so I.. got you this." He handed me god knew what wrapped in dark red wrapping paper.

"I'm sorry but- did you wrap this?" I asked, moving it around to look at it. "Because- it's kind of.. well-"

"I know I know I can't wrap things," Vic cut me off. "Just open the fucking present."

"But I didn't get you anything," I pouted.

"So? I did and you're taking it. Open," he ordered. I did as he said, happily tearing at the shittily wrapped paper.

"Oh my god," I whispered.

"I saw those quotes on the park walls, but your mother said you lost your copy of the book and always wanted to finish reading it. So..," Vic explained.

"You dickhead!" I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a long kiss. I studied the book, The Picture of Dorian Gray. "You shouldn't have..," I muttered.

"Why not? Can I not get you a gift?" Vic poked my ribs.

I giggled and pushed him away. "Kind of."

His playful smile vanished. "What do you mean?"

"Just- Nothing." I looked down at the ground. He shouldn't have wasted his money on me when I'd be gone in ten days.

"Hey." Vic lifted my head up. "What's wrong?" He searched my eyes for something, but I only kissed him. I didn't feel the same, though. Fuck, I was only going to hurt him. Why did I carry on with this mini relationship when it wouldn't last a month? If he cared for me as much as I cared for him- I didn't want to hurt him like that.

"Be honest with me. Don't change the subject with kisses," Vic said as he pulled away. Carefully holding the book, I curled up into his lap and thought of an answer.

"You'll see," I mumbled.

The sky swirled, clouds forming new shapes. It was a sunny day, the only bit of warmth we had excluding our coats. It was otherwise windy, and kids played along the snowy park buildings.

Vic softly ran his fingers through my hair, humming quietly. I could fall asleep there. What a shame it wouldn't last long. Like everything, it wouldn't last. Like me, it wouldn't last.

What a shame.

~_~_~_~

mY EYE

I just got second grade flashbacks oh my god
The teacher was hella strict and when she looked over our stories for writing she'd sit me down and countless times scolded me saying "cApItaLIzE YoUR I's"

I was so scared man. I just nodded along and then completely forgot
I also didnt pay attention so I didnt know when I was supposed to use a period till I think third grade. Maybe fourth.

I dont blame her though, I'd be the same if I was a teacher. But I wouldn't scare the poor seven year old