Chapter 3: Who will win?

Location: Bali, Indonesia.

Bali was one of Jai's favorite places. He would never get bored of it. Those sceneries will always give him the peaceful break he needed. Jai could feel the rising sun's heat, through the glass doors of his gym as he jogged over his treadmill sweating heavily, jamming to his favorite songs. Exercising is one of his hobbies. It helped him be fit and healthy. Most of all, it keeps him distracted from unwanted things and also from the things he feared.

He heard a few beep sounds, which confirmed his bed partner's arrival at the gym. Soon a genuine smile spread onto his face.

"Found you here finally," Ritika said, switching on the tread miller beside him and starting her workout.

"Why do you even work out like you're going to go to some fight?" Ritika said which made him chuckle.

"You do realize that you needed this more than I do right?" he asked, reducing the speed of his treadmill.

She sighed and groaned, "Whatever."

"Don't tell me that you solely depend on, 'intimate passion,' rather than these machines," he said sarcastically, as he stopped his machine.

Ritika scoffed at his description of what they did the before night and many such nights.

"They do help in getting this beautiful glow, though," she said while inhaling and spreading her hands making him jerk away from her.

He chuckled while leaving from there with a towel in his hand.

"You're leaving already?" she asked, stopping the treadmill.

He turned around as he walked backward, shouting, "I did my quota today."

He turned and soon his face went blank. This is what he did mostly. He loved to irritate her. Why? He doesn't know. Maybe he wanted to know that he was a playboy like everyone always thought. Truth be told, he is. He would parade around with every female that he finds attractive, go on dates with them; attend parties and then dump them for no particular reason. Nothing more will happen between them as many articles stated. Ritika was one such fling of his, whom he met a few years before through a common friend. She was just a teenager back then intending to become a fashion designer. They were friends at first, which led to their frequent meetings, due to her insistence, and finally came to the 'no strings attached,' thing.

He knew how much she liked him from the start. But he has no place for anyone in his heart. Not anymore. Of course, Mia Roberts took a soft spot in his heart, as someone who he thinks is, beyond his league, Mia Roberts, a British model with Indian heritage. Because she is completely different from the one who never wants to remember.

He did feel lucky to have Ritika as a friend though.

He turned on the shower and let the water sweep away his sweat as his mind was filled with other thoughts. His fist tightened around his hair and an irritated groan left his mouth. He smashed his fist on the wall trying to control his anger.

~*~

He called for the maid as soon as he was out and got ready to leave for some work. Ritika came out of the gym to his room.

"Going somewhere?" she asked settling on the couch.

"Um-Hm. The meeting I told you about," he said keeping his cuff links.

" I'll be bored," she pouted.

" Find a movie," he said taking out his blazer and leaving the room.

~*~

It had been three weeks already. Jai went to many places with Ritika and some of his other friends except for Jai's best friend Rohan Deshmukh. Rohan was never the type to leave on vacations while files kept piling up in his office as Jai did. Apart from that Rohan never mingled with some of Jai's hot-headed friends. Even after Jai's constant bickering to go on a vacation with him, Rohan turned the cold shoulder. Jai had to say that Rohan was one real hard-working and sharp advocate and very good at making a criminal spill his beans, like his father was. He could even add his mother's name there. Jai never understood why his mother went to Karan's firm rather than establishing one on her own.