epilogue.

Dear Gandalf, it was so so nice to hear from you. I hope you're doing well in Bree, though what you're there for, I can't imagine.

Last week Legolas and I reached the Dunedain, and met Strider. We (I) figured out his full name very fast, too. It's common for men like him to have similar names to their parents, so I just tried a lot of variations of Arathorn. His true name is Aragorn, apparently. Legolas seems to think there's something special about him, and they've quickly become friends. They train me together, and I hate it. All they do is tease me and try to stab me. I am improving , though. One day I'll best them.

I've been doing a little research about elvish family trees, and I've come to the conclusion that my family must be Noldor, judging by my dark hair. I hope to go to Rivendell soon, Aragorn seems particularly excited about it.

Nothing else is happening, here. How are you?

Raelyn

Dear Gandalf, thank you for your reply. It was nice to hear that Bilbo is doing well. I hope that your meeting with Radagast went as you expected.

Legolas, Aragorn and I reached Rivendell, it's beautiful. I've come to the conclusion that the elves here know something about my parents, so I've been going through every elven family tree I can find, trying to fin a name I recognise.

In other topics, Aragorn is completely smitten with an elleth named Arwen, and she equally with him. She's lovely, and very kind to me, so I approve. Legolas seems to, also. Legolas has continued training me, and after a lot of begging, he will grudgingly admit that I am improving. He won't admit it, but it's getting harder for him to beat me. We're becoming quite close, him and I. We've spent a lot of time together, and he seems to feel much better about Tauriel now, and he helped me get over Thorin.

I heard that Balin went to Moria, but I haven't heard from him in a while. I'm a little worried, but I'm sure it's nothing.

Anyway, that's all here.

Raelyn

Dear Gandalf, I know it has been a while since our last correspondence, but I was so excited to hear your news!

Kindly tell Bilbo congratulations about his nephew. Frodo is such a lovely name, I'm sure the child is sweet too. What are you doing, now? You seem to leave out large chunks of information in your letters. Am I missing something? It was good to hear about Bain becoming king in Dale. I am saddened by news of Bard, but I'm glad he lifted a long and happy life.

Anyway, returning to the more interesting topic of Aragorn, I'm glad you finally met him. He's a great man, with a very amusing sense of humour. He's also handy with a sword.

Something strange is happening to the orcs, they are becoming much braver than before, and always bear the same mark, which I don't recognise. Both Aragorn and Legolas do though, which is suspicious. They won't tell me, of course.

I'm getting very good with my knives and sword, so Legolas has been teaching me to shoot. I'm awful, but I'll practice. Archery always looks so graceful, and Aragorn keeps making jokes about how ungraceful I act sometimes. It's all the time with the dwarves, honestly.

I found nothing else in my search for elvish family trees. No information at all. It's as if someone knew what I was looking for, and burnt all the books. Strange, isn't it? I seem to heal from wounds very quickly, but I've been working on ways to not use the strange magic. I don't want to use things I can't understand. For some reason, all i have to do to stop the magic is cause major blood loss to myself, and the magic changes to healing, instead of something dangerous. Some might say I'm a coward for avoiding it, but I don't care.

I hope you have a good explanation for why you lied to me about the books.

Raelyn

Dear Gandalf, I'm sorry to hear that it isn't safe for us to correspond anymore. Stay safe, and I can't wait to see you back in Rivendell, or Bree.
Raelyn

Dear Gandalf, 

something happened. please contact me. 

R