Chapter Seven- Yoongi

The smell of coffee was the first thing I could differentiate this morning as I opened my eyes. I was on the couch downstairs. The first thing my eyes could see were the nearby windows, showing off the beautiful sunrise cascading above the ocean horizon. I scrunched up my nose as I yawned. When my eyes opened a second time I noticed a warm steamy mug of coffee on the nearby table below me. Y/N was in the kitchen scrambling some eggs.

"Morning sunshine," she said, coming over to sit by me on the couch as I propped myself up, "did you sleep okay?"

I nodded, my eyes still half shut as I sipped my coffee. She gently tapped her hand on my head, purposely ruffling my hair as she got back up to finish making our breakfast. Her hair fell perfectly out of her face as she worked. My face felt warm noticing this and I looked back down at my coffee.

"I already showered so you can go up after we eat if you want. Wait, you can shower, right? Or will that cause you to transform?" she said, turning to look at me. For the first time today so far, I spoke.

"Yeah, heh, we only turn into sirens if our lower half is submerged," I chuckled, getting up to stand next to her. I even put out my hand and ruffled her hair as she had done to mine just now. It was incredibly soft..... My face warmed up again when I realized how close I was to her, and how the proximity of our faces was so small. I coughed into my fist and then went to sit at the dinner table.

As she put the eggs into bowls for the two of us, I looked over into the front room which was nearby. There were several canvases, some empty, some covered in bright colors. Some had people, some had landscapes. A few of the canvases had things glued onto them, like fabric or seashells.

"Did you do all of those?" I said, pointing them out and resting my head on my hand.

"Yep, I do it for a living, though it's not easy to find a lot of work so I have to charge a lot and spend a lot of time on them," she said sighing, looking across the hall at them.

I took a bite of my eggs, and stared hard at one of them, which was half painted like a beach with dolphins in the water. But there was a large stretch of the beach part that looked like it was missing something.

"What are you gonna put there?" I asked her, pointing to it.

"Seashells. I was going to collect some the other day, but then I found you, and I just kinda dropped them in place..." she said sighing, knowing that she needed them to complete the piece. I looked in her eyes. Her strange and unique eyes with a beauty I didn't understand.

"I'll wash up. We'll go get some," I said, and after I was done, I washed my bowl and went upstairs to her room. It smelled nice, it smelled like her. I went in to turn on the water and took off my clothes. My bags of clothes were already in the bathroom. I tore off the bandages and gently as I could to see my shoulder, which was purple and bruised, and severely scarred, but still healing.

I went into the water and pushed my hair back out of my face. I hissed as the water hit my shoulder, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't stand it. I looked down at my bare legs. How had I never done this before? How had I never gone on land? Walking was easy enough. Had Namjoon or Seokjin ever done this? Or Hoseok, or any of them? It's pretty amazing to be human. Humans are amazing..... Well, maybe not. Maybe it's just Y/N.

I washed my hair, which was hopefully going to be a lot softer when the sea salt is out of it. I ran the bar of soap across my skin. Soon enough, I was out of the shower. I dried myself off with a grey towel, then put it on the nape of my neck to catch any water falling off my hair.

I pulled on my underwear and my shorts, but I soon realized that my bag of shirts wasn't there. I went into Y/N's bedroom and looked around for it. I checked in her bed, her closet, and on top of every dresser and table. It was nowhere to be found. Finally, I sighed and went downstairs to find my shirts. Y/N was reading on the couch when I got down there. Her eyes went wide and her face turned bright red, and she couldn't take her eyes off of me. I chuckled, and she finally looked away shyly back to her book.

"Do you know where my shirts are?" I asked her, not being able to resist smiling wide.

"Umm-- uh, I think I left them in the front doorway y-yesterday," she stuttered, and soon she choked on her coffee. I went towards the front room and grabbed the bag, but I stopped to look at her art for a moment. There was so much depth and color, and meaning in each piece. The portraits were all of people who were lost... the landscapes were places I'd never seen before. My mouth hung open as I looked. She must have seen so much to put this much emotion in something so beautiful. It's as if she herself is a masterpiece with a depth that even me, an ocean dweller, can't comprehend.

"Will you please put your shirt on?" she said, standing behind be, face redder than a tomato. She was so cute..... But I had to rub it in her face.

"What..... You like what you see?" I said, leaning back and smirking with a cocky and smug expression.  I ruffled her soft hair one more time before pulling on a grey t-shirt. 

Word Count: 1015