JJ Maybank - You have a nightmare

"JJ!" you called into the darkness

"JJ!" you called into the darkness. You couldn't see anything. Your whole world was black and void. "JJ are you there?" you called out again. Nothing. Suddenly there was a noise. You weren't sure what direction it was coming from but you heard it and it got louder and louder. It sounded like someone or something crying out in pain and you didn't know what to do. You felt something brush against your leg and your vision was gone. So you screamed.

You woke up in your familiar environment. Your room, with JJ lying next to you.

"AH! (Y/N) WHAT THE FUCK!" JJ screamed as he shot up awake. Apparently you'd actually screamed in your sleep.

"I'm sorry," you whispered.

"Jesus fucking christ, (Y/N), what was that?" He huffed, clearly frustrated that his sleep had been disturbed.

He rolled over so his back was facing you but as much as you hated to admit it, you were so frightened and disturbed by your nightmare that you started to cry silently.

"What is that noise?" JJ sighed, again in an angry tone. He rolled over and saw you sitting up, hunched over and sniffling.

"Oh shit...are you crying?" JJ asked awkwardly. This was the first time you'd cried around JJ, you didn't like being upset or crying in front of people, it made you feel awkward and attention seeking, especially with everything JJ had going on in his life with his dad, so he was quite baffled.

"Wait...(Y/N), why are you crying?" JJ asked, you proceeded to hear him cuss under his breath.

"It's n-nothing," you said, wiping your tears with the sleeve of your shirt.

"It's not nothing, baby, what's wrong?" JJ said soothingly, having gotten over the initial awkwardness of the situation.

"Just a bad dream, that's all, let's go back to bed," you said, putting on a fake smile and then laying back down, rolling over so your back was facing JJ.

But ignoring JJ was like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone, futile. He rolled you back over so that the both of you were laying on your sides, looking at one another.

"What was your dream about?" JJ asked softly, tucking a few strands of hair behind your ear.

"I don't really know, it was just scary noises and blackness...it's stupid," you muttered.

"Hey, it's not stupid okay?" JJ frowned, "I get nightmares too, it's normal babe."

"I know it's normal, but I just shouldn't be crying over it," you replied.

"You can cry over whatever you wanna cry about, (Y/N)," JJ half-laughed, "don't apologise or feel bad for anything."

You stared at your boyfriend in awe, your heart swelling with a feeling you only ever got around him. You smiled and nodded as he wrapped his arms around you and spooned you.

"And I'll always be here to fight off the scary monsters...or um noises?" JJ murmured into your hair, making you chuckle.

"You're such a dork," you giggled, making him squeeze your sides in an attempt to tickle you.

"And you're such a cry baby," he retorted.

You turned over and glared at him, faking anger.

"Oh shit, too soon? Sorry babe I d-" he apologised, but you interrupted him by placing a gentle kiss on his lips, making him shut up almost immediately.

"I'm joking, now shut up and go to sleep," you said, pulling away from the kiss and turning over so he was spooning you again, feeling safe and protected in his arms.