38

"WE have to talk." Harry says, setting down his phone to glance at me.

I nod, smiling softly. "Uh oh. That's not a good sign."

I wait for him to laugh, or smile, or at least show any indication that he appreciates my joke. But he doesn't.

Instead, his face remains the same, expression serious and eyes sort of...hard.

I sigh, blushing under his intense gaze as I shift my weight.

"Is this about last night?" I question, voice meek.

"Yeah. That's..."He pauses, clearing his throat. "Yeah."

A small sense of dread fills me. I don't want to talk about last night. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

"You were jealous about Maya." Harry states.

"We already established that..."

"Yes, we did. But...I don't know. I just don't want you to feel insecure with...whatever this
is."

I frown at his choice of words. "Is that what you think of me? That I'm insecure?"

His face falls. "No. Audrey-Jesus Christ. I didn't mean it like that."

"I mean, I could say the same for you. You weren't exactly happy during spin the bottle either. If anything, you looked even more-"

"Baby, I don't want to argue with you. It's just supposed to be a talk." He reassures, voice gentle. He holds our gaze. "We have to have healthier communication, remember?"

I hold my tongue, nodding reluctantly.

Deep down, I know that he's right.

"And yes, I admit that I wanted to rip Zach's head off last night for giving you a lap dance. I wasn't too happy about that kiss between you and Lo either." His voice gets deeper as his lips press into a thin line.  "Is that so bad? I'm sorry. It was just hard to watch."

"No, it's not bad. It's a natural reaction, I think. It wasn't easy seeing you kiss Bianca." I say. "Especially after I already had to deal with Maya flirting with you the entire night. I couldn't even tell her you were mine until I talked to her privately."

His eyebrows furrow. "But you're the one that wanted to keep us a secret? If people knew you were my girlfriend, then it wouldn't be a problem, Auds."

"I'm not your girlfriend." I correct him, automatically.  "We talked about this. You know where I stand right now in the relationship."

He sighs.

"Are you playing with my feelings?" He asks, almost hesitant that his question will make me upset. "I'm not trying to make you angry or anything, Auds. I just genuinely want to know. Please be honest with me if you are. I know we're taking it slow but sometimes it feels like you're stringing me along; like I want to be with you more than you want to be with me.

"We don't have to label anything yet if you don't want to. But I guess I just would like to know that you care as much as I do. It confuses me when you say that you want to keep us a secret, and yet the moment a girl assumes that I'm single, you get mad at her. We could easily end all assumptions if we just went public."