The dance party

Please vote!!

<><><><><><><><>

 At the dance party...

Maddie's POV

As we got out of the car, I saw Flannery, the Lavabridge gym leader, also my best friend, she lived in Larousse before she moved to Lavabridge.

I bumped into her a few days ago, just before I met May and Drew, she was on a vacation too, with her grandpa.

So I texted her after a found May and Drew and asked her if she could pretend to be a boy and ask me to a dance at the dance party so May and Drew could dance together, turns out she's a Contestshipper too! 

Oh, I forgot to mention, Contestshipping, the name we made up for May and Drew since they are both coordinators. Back to the topic, she met them when they were in Lavabridge for a contest. She thought they were a couple too!

"Hey pretty girl, wanna dance?" I recognized this voice immediately, it's Flannery with the deepest voice she could possibly muster! 

I almost bursted out laughing, I mean, it's really funny when you see your best friend pretending to be a boy. Her long hair was tied into a bun, under a ridiculous looking hat, she changed her normal clothes into a dark blue T-shirt and a long pair of trousers.

"Her? Pretty? Do you have some kind of problem with your eyes?" Drew asked. Ugh, must he ruin the fun every time?

"Shut up Drew!" I said as Flannery dragged me to the dance floor. We managed to peek at the couple through hundreds of people also dancing on the dance floor and saw them talking.

Drew's POV

Ugh! That Maddie! I'm not as dumb as she thinks! 

Of course I recognize that voice too, I mean, we grew up with Flannery and she comes to our house almost everyday after school when we were small! 

But I wonder why she's here, I thought she moved to Lavabridge City because her grandpa has to retire from being the gym leader and her dad has to go to take over the job, but never mind, I won't waste this chance of dancing with May, she looks so pretty in Maddie's dress! 

What am I thinking!

Anyway, I guess I do have to thank you Maddie...

"Well, since Maddie and that guy is gone, it's just us two." I started.

"I wonder who that guy is, he seems familiar." May thought.

"I think he has some kind of problem... A normal guy won't come and call Maddie a pretty girl." I suggested.

"Don't be so harsh on your sister! She's actually very cute! And she's looking nice tonight too!" May scolded.

"Fine, so, ermm, you, wanna dance?" I asked nervously.

"Sure!" May replied happily.

I never thought she would even say yes! This is my big chance!

May's POV

Did he just ask me to dance? Did I just said yes? Does that mean he likes me? Wait, no, it's just because other girls are dancing already, don't think too much of yourself.

As I dragged him to the dance floor, we started dancing.

The music flew around us, our eyes met and soon, the only thing I see is him.

"Ow!" I cried as someone pushed me.

I heard a loud voice echoing around the room, who dares to ruin my perfect moment!

"Ladies and gentlemen! May I have your attention please! Our new product, the 'smart mistletoe' has detected two people, and our first couple standing under a 'smart mistletoe', over... there!" The host said as he was pointing towards us, a 'smart mistletoe? New one for me, wait now is not the time! 

He is pointing towards us! I looked up and saw Drew and I standing under a mistletoe. Standing under a mistletoe?! Oh no, this is gonna be bad, or maybe good! No! Stop thinking like that!

I felt the whole crowd of the dance party were looking at us, oh no, oh no!

"You two know the traditions!" the host said again. As the whole crowd were chanting, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" 

Then, I felt something on my lips, or someone, Drew?! He was, freaking kissing me!!!! I melted in the kiss, then we broke apart for air, am I dreaming!?

"No you're not." Someone answered my question, I looked up and found Drew talking to me, he seemed like he could read my mind!

"How'd you know I thought I was dreaming?" I asked.

"Hard to say, I just know." He chuckled.

"Ugh! Drew!" I complained.

Maddie's POV

Me and Flannery saw those two kiss as the host pointed to them. 

Awww, they should thank me for pushing them under that mistletoe so that they have a chance to kiss. After they broke apart for air, they continued bickering, or flirting, ugh, they are just such a perfect couple! 

Blame that brother of mine! Always having to show off and tease her, then, a lady ran towards them, wait, its Mum! This is gonna be good.

"May! Welcome to the Haydens' family! And Drewy, I told you, you two are perfect for each other!" Mom cheered.

"Mom!!!" Both of them shouted, oooh my Arceus!!! May called my mom, Mom!

"Oh, sorry, it's just you and Maddie called her mom too many times" she said with her face bright red, covering her mouth.

"It's okay dear, you'll call me mom sooner or later!" Mum said with a smirky face, a Haydens' tradition!

"Mom!! Stop it!" Drew complained.

"Sorry, no can do, you know in those days, your grandma used to tease me and your dad too!" Mom flashbacked.

"Come on Mum, let them have a little 'quality time' together" I joined the conversation as I put on another smirky face.

~~~~~~

The end! How was it? Please comment and vote!