two.

It was grad week. Haalay was going to graduate with a degree in Computer Science in a month, maximum. The Finals were approaching but all the students in the university were busy with the grad week events, trying to make the most of their last days together as students.

She planned on leaving the University early, at around 2 pm. She was walking towards the exit of her department with her closest friend Mahnoor - Noori, for short.

She was telling Noori all about her mother's plans and how she was definitely going to get hitched this year. Mahnoor was having a good laugh over it, even though she had been engaged for a whole year now to her boyfriend or fiancé.

'God, I love seeing you this stressed. It's fun.'

'Don't make me punch you in the face! This is so scary, what the heckk!'

'Do you want me to accompany you? I can help you out with dressing up if you want? Calm your nerves, maybe? So, you don't become a shaky mess in front of them?'

Haalay has always had problems with nerves. She gets super self-conscious meeting new people and giving a bad impression.

'Nah, I don't wanna dress up much. I'm going to keep it simple. You, go home, get on the prayer mat, and start praying that they never come!?'

Noori giggled at the pure horror that was etched on Haalay's face.

'It's all going to turn out well. InShaaAllah.' Noori assured Haalay, with a small pat on the back.

'I don't want that!? I just wanna sleep and eat chocolates for the rest of my life', Haalay groaned with a pout on her face.

Noori laughed again and hugged Haalay goodbye as they had already reached the door and Haalay's Careem was waiting for her.

'BEST OF LUCK, HAALAYYY!'

Noori screamed behind Haalay and she couldn't help but smile, even though she was horrified.

------------

It was 4:30 pm and Haalay couldn't, for the life of her, decide what to wear. After eating two bars of KitKat and rolling around on the bed groaning for another 15 minutes, she finally got up and picked out a pastel blue plain trouser kameez with a printed dupatta that was one shade darker than the suit, maybe. And paired that with a silver kolapuri chappal and small silver jhumkay. She had never been a huge fan of makeup so she did some quick spot concealing on her blemishes, a quick swipe of mascara and a pinkish tint on her cheeks and lips.

----

She walked into the living room and saw Romi playing with her lego blocks. So, she sat beside her on the rug and started building a small cottage. She could hear her mother and sister-in-law working in the kitchen and as much as she wanted to go and help them out, she was sure she'd drop something because of the way her brain was whirring.

Romaisa shook her out of her thoughts, telling her to place the last block on top of the skyscraper that she had just built. So, Haalay took the green block and placed it on top of the tower, but because of the way her hand was shaking, the tower fell.

At the same time, the bell rang. They must be here, already.

---

I've had this story in the works since 2017 but at this point, I'm just writing it as we go.
Sorry for the short chapter. Still figuring it out.

Anyways, let me know if the story should be in third person or first?