the Unpredictable

One Direction Fan-fiction          Chapter 1

I was just about to shut down my computer when a message popped up on the screen. I clicked on it and a small window opened. It was from one of the most important people in my life: Liam. We had known each other since we were kids. My mum and dad were friends with his parents.   Since we were little Liam and I had been best friends. We had been really close. We could talk about everything. But after he auditioned to X-factor and became a member of One Direction, a world known band, it that been a long time since I’d seen him.

    “Hi Cassie. Long time no see. How you’re holding up? Xx” the message said. As I was finished reading, I clicked on the ‘answer’ button and wrote: “Liam? Wow.. Too long, if you ask me! I’ve nearly heard from you in like – two years or something! How do you think I’m holding up? My best friends out on his tour and I’m sitting here at home, without a single call from him – I know that’s not true, but that’s how it feels sometimes. Anyway, thing really aren’t that great around here. But call me and we’ll talk. I can’t write this down it will take too much time and be too long – I’ll have to write a novel! But enough about me. How are you? How are things going? When are you coming home, I miss you… Xx Cassie.”

    I send the message and within the next minute he had answered.  I opened the message and began to read his answer:  “That sounds serious. Unfortunately I can’t call you tonight – but tomorrow we’ll be driving in our tour bus the whole day so I’ll call you then! Sorry I haven’t been writing and calling much lately. But everything is a bit pressured at the moment. We nearly get any time off.  This is so much different compared to the life we had before. Everything is turned upside down. Things are going really well. All our concerts have been sold out almost immediately and the fans are waiting outside our hotel rooms. It’s crazy – but in a good way.  Except from a little bit of homesick I’m fine. The boys are great and we’re having such a laugh. But sometime all this gets too much. Sometimes I wish I was back home eating mum’s food and sleeping in my own bed. As for your last question – btw, I miss you too – I have a surprise. We’re missing three concerts here in USA and then – we’ll be on our way home again! Yep, we’ll be flying back to UK within this month. I’ll bring the boys with me so you can meet then all – they are very excited, I’ve told them so much about you and they’re dying to meet you. See you soon, Xx Liam.

    My heart stopped for a moment. W-what? W-what just happened? I read the message again and again. Three times, four times. They were coming here? They were dying to meet me? I couldn’t believe it. Liam I knew, so that wasn’t what made me uncomfortable. It was the fact that One Direction was coming. Louis, Harry, Niall, Zayn. All of them... and within the month? It was the seventeenth today – there were only two weeks left, exactly two weeks.

     I slowly moved the mouse up to the ‘answer’ button and clicked it. I took a deep breath and began once again to answer him: “Wow... that sounds gre-- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! I … of course, I’m grateful that you finally are coming home and that you’re planning on seeing me, but bringing the boys?! I’ll be dead before even opening the door. You could have told me sooner! I could have fixed the house up a bit. All I can do now is buying some flours. Thanks a lot!” I wrote with a bit of irony. I knew he would read this and laugh... I clicked on ‘send’ and went to the bathroom the brush my teeth. I went back to my computer with my toothbrush in my mouth.

    There was already a message waiting for me: “Haha, you’ll be fine. Trust me. They’ve all promised to behave themselves and if anyone of them is being mean to you, I’ll personally kick their ass. Don’t worry, besides I’ve seen you’re house – I’ve been in your house – and it’s lovely. It will be fine. They are human beings, remember? Calm yourself down. I’m sure it’s getting really late over there, I’ll call you tomorrow. Goodnight, Xx Liam.

     I shut down my computer and went to the bathroom once again to spit. I rinsed my mouth in water and went into my bedroom. Getting out of my jeans and t-shirt and jumped into a pair of shorts and a lousy t-shirt I had gotten from my dad’s company. I lay down on my bed and switched off the light. As I began to fall asleep my thoughts were all about One Direction – and the fact that they were coming here to visit me…