chapter 1 the crosses

Chapter 1 the crosses

Dekoda whines softly as someone walks in his room turning on the lights. Dekoda snuggled deeper into his blanket, whining again "come on buddy its adoption day you gotta get up" Lisa says she is a social worker in the little adoption center that Dekoda lives in. She picks out an outfit for Dekoda knowing the little likes when people make 'big' decisions for him. Dekoda huffed as he got up rubbing his eyes, "you fink i find daddy d'day?" Dekoda asks as he slips out of his bed to sit on the floor, he didn't like to stand unless he needed to. Lisa smiles at the boy "i think so buddy" she says as she helps the sleepy boy get dressed. "W'isa?" Dekoda says reaching for her "yes bub" lisa says picking him up and putting him on her hip "me hope gets 'dopted d'day" Dekoda says softly as lisa brings him downstairs where the other littles are already eating breakfast. "Me too little guy" she says.

--------------------------------------------

At 11:00 o'clock all the potential caregivers are walking around the center talking to littles and staff members.

Dekoda is by himself in the corner of the room when someone walks up to him crouching down beside him. "Hi there little guy im Aaron and this is my husband Phoenix" a soft yet deep voice says, Dekoda looks up and sees two men in front of him yet a safe enough distance away as to not make the boy feel trapped "h-hi'' the shy little says hiding his face in his pulshy. "What's your name?" Phoenix, the more feminine of the two men, asks "Dekoda" he says softly as he looks up again to study the two men. Aaron the man who had introduced them was a bruly looking man, his short light brown hair and kinda hazel eyes made him look trusting. Phoenix being more feminine than his husband had his mid-length blonde hair pulled up into a messy bun his bangs framing his face making his bright blue eyes sparkle, "it's nice to meet you, would you like to talk with us?" Phoenix asks as he stands up brushing off his dress holding out a hand for Dekoda. The little pushes himself off the wall he was leaning against and starts crawling over to Aaron putting his arms up "you want me to hold you?" he says bending down to pick the boy up when he nods "fink you no wike da walk" he says running his hand over the rough fabric of Aaron's shirt "thats ok sweetie i'm glad you want me to hold you" Aaron says chuckling when Dekoda blushes "why yous 'aering dwess'' Dekoda asks Phoenix as they walk into a quiet room to talk. Phoenix laughs slightly at the boys question "i think it's pretty but not as pretty as you" he says tapping Dakoda's nose with the tip of his finger the boy giggles hiding his face in Aarons shoulder "yous gonna 'dopt mes?" Dekoda asked shyly Aaron smiled "would you want us to, little one?" he asks, giving Phoenix a smile when the boy nods slowly.