chapter 2 falling

Chapter 2 falling

The next day Dekoda woke up by himself to finish getting his two small bags ready to go to his new home. Home. that word felt foreign to dekoda he hasn't had a home before. A light knock on the door pulled the boy from his thoughts causing him to jump a bit as lisa opened the door "sorry hon just checking to see if you're ready to go, the crosses should be here in about an hour" lisa says as she walks into dekodas room. The absence of His small amount of toys made the room feel empty. "Yesh i w'eady" Dekoda says as he looks around his room "i hope dey come" the boy says quietly after a moment. Lisa had a feeling his thoughts would drift to being forgotten and after knowing the boy for three years she knew what to say to him, sitting herself down on the floor next to the boy lisa put her hand on his face wiping a tear "sweetie i know your past haven't been great but trust me the crosses are coming and your gonna have the best life,any little boy would be lucky to have" Lisa says softly. Dekoda nods, giving Lisa a hug.

------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast Dekoda went to the playroom to wait for his new family to pick him up, as he walks up the stairs he hears the entrance bell ring and his head whips around "dey here penny" Dekoda whispers to his stuffed lamb, he goes to turn to walk down the stairs instead of up but he trips over his feet and falls down the stairs with a loud 'thud' "w'isa!" the frightened boy yells as tears pour down his face, Lisa as well as the Crosses come running in seeing the injured boy at the bottom of the stairs "oh my" Phoenix whispers as Lisa runs back into the front hall "don't move him" she calls over her shoulder, Aaron walks over to the boy "aw sweet thing what happened, did you get hurt?" he says softly, Dekoda nods his head weakly "go home now?" He says tearfully Aaron takes a seat next to the boy carefully moving his head to lay on his lap "we will lovy, we just need to make sure you're ok" he says softly running his fingers through the boy's hair. "Now what happened, love?" Phoenix says crouching in front of Dekoda, the boy gos to move his hand to wipe his tear stained face and hisses in pain, "i falls down da stairs cuz w'isa tells me to p'ay but no one cawwy mes and i falls" Dekoda says opting to wipe his face on Aaron's pants instead, "ok love can you tell papa what hurts" Aaron says wiping the boys tears with his thumb "papa?" Dekoda asks, his pain momentarily forgotten "Yes baby, that's your papa and I'm your daddy" Phoenix says with a small smile "now can you tell us what hurts?" Dekoda nods "my hand and my weg" he says trying not to cry as his papa inspects his wrist "ok he's right here" Lisa says as she walks in with a few paramedics. "He says his wrist and leg are what hurts" phoenix says "who are you?" one of the paramedics says, Phoenix stands to the side to let the other medics work "i don't see why that matters" he says annoyed "well it kinda does matter when your speaking for a person who could've told us that himself" the medic says crossing his arms, as Phoenix starts to say something Dekoda yells "No! Go 'way!" phoenix turns to face his son, "its ok love they just need you to lay down on the bed" Aaron says motioning to the gurney in front of them, "No! I stay wif papa" Dekoda says trying to scoot closer to Aaron but hissing out in pain "papa, owie" the boy whines. Phoenix kneels in front of them "hey love why don't i make you a deal,hmm?" Phoenix starts "if you let papa lay you on the bed and be a good boy papa will ride in the ambulance with you" he finishes softly touching the boys nose with his finger making him smile "papa say wif mes" he says quietly "yes love papa will stay with you" Phoenix says standing back up as Dekoda nods letting Aaron place him on the gurney. "Why are you treating him like a child?" The medic from before asks, raising an eyebrow, Phoenix lets out an exasperated sigh "because even though he looks like a teenager he has the mind set of a small child" he explains. The paramedics start wheeling the gurney out of the center "papa! Daddy!" Dekoda screams when he can't see the two men anymore. Phoenix takes a breath to calm himself "if you excuse me" he says to the paramedic before walking over to his husband and son "we're right here love, papa is gonna ride with you as promised and daddy will meet you two at the hospital ok" Phoenix says giving Dekoda a kiss on the head "no daddy stay" the small boy whines as he gets loaded into the ambulance, Aaron gives Phoenix a kiss before climbing in to sit with his son "he'll be ok love, be safe" he says as the ambulance doors close.

Phoenix watches as it disappears down the street, he then gets dekoda's bags and heads to meet his family at the hospital.