one ; not in the cards

I hear something crash, a loud banging noise comes from somewhere close -but where? I can't see anything. It's too dark. Too loud, too damp, too...much of nothing and everything. 

I can't tell where I am, I can't tell if I'm alone, I can't tell how much space I have. I can't figure anything out, I can't even remember how I got here. Where is here? 

My mind's racing, my heart's going to explode any second I can feel it pounding against my rib cage. Why does it feel like I'm floating? 

I'm floating? No- I'm going up. So is this...thing I'm in. 

I open my mouth to scream, to scream as loud as I can, I know I can scream but nothing comes out from my mouth. 

I feel around, I manage to work out cardboard boxes, heavy and full of things to keep them from moving. There's a crate and what feels like rope -I'm hoping it's rope- and tools like a hammer, a drill and a saw? 

"shit" I hiss, I just cut myself on a saw. I'm bleeding but I can't see for sure, so I bring my finger my finger up to my lips and check. I taste blood, I do.

I feel my blood trickling down my forefinger.

I've stopped moving upwards, the loud sounds have silenced but only to me replaced by the noise above me as the doors slide open slowly, letting in light. 

I was in a lift all along. As more light enters into the box I realize I was right. There are cardboard boxes in here, and crates full of tools and supplies. I spot the crate I felt, my blood staining the saw that cut me.

"What does the greenie look like?" A voice yells from above. Voices. I hear voices. 

Suddenly someone jumps down, a tall boy. His hair blonde in the sunlight, his eyes widen as soon as he sees me.

"How..." He looks bewildered, his face pales, has he never seen a girl before? A chuckles rolls of my tongue before I can stop myself. Never seen a girl before, pfffft.

"What is it, Newt?" Someone calls out from above. 

"Who's down there?"

"What's taking so long?"

These voices...they're all male. 

"It's a girl." The blonde boy, I'm guessing Newt, says to the other voices.

What sounds like chaos erupts, 

"Are we going to die?!"

"How's a girl gonna kill all of us, ya slinthead. With her six inch heels?"

"You explain it then shuck face"

"what's a girl doing here?"

"What are the Creators thinking?!" 

"is she hot? I'm calling dibs if she's hot!"

"Everyone slim it!" Someone yells, full of authority and frustration.

So these boys have never really seen a girl before? 

"Who sent you?" The blonde boy asks, he talks weirdly. I want to hear him speak some more. 

I stay quiet, unsure about my own voice. Do I even have one? 

"Who sent you?!" He raises his voice and I flinch. His eyes are full of something, rage? Frustration? Terror. Why is he so afraid of finding me?

"I don't know!" I yell back, surprising myself. "Why are you acting as if I've killed someone? I don't even know how I got here!" 

The boy's eyes soften, something clicks in his brain and i watch him take a deep breath. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell. The box brought you up" he says and looks around. "and our supplies for the week too." he smiles a little before his eyes land on me again.

"Name's Newt and I'll be the one who helps you out of the box so if you don't mind, step up" he says, getting down on one knee and holding out his hands for me to step on.

Should I trust him? This box comes up every week? Those voices...What were they even saying. Creators? Slinthead? shuck face? 

"It's okay, trust me. You'll like it better up there than in here" Newt says, nodding to the small room left around me.

I nod slowly, I'm hesitant at first but I take a few steps towards Newt.

I look at Newt one more time, he nods and I place my hands on his shoulders. I lift my leg and use Newt to climb up over the box and as soon as I'm over I tumble on What feels like grass. 

There's loud gasps, murmurs, yells amongst the group of people crowding over me.

Boys, teenage boys no older than 18 all stand in a circle around me. Looking at me as if I just fell out of the sky. 

Newt finally comes up and helps me onto my feet.

"We finally got a girl..." Someone close by whispers, "and she's not even that hot".

Someone else, a boy with amazing hair and muscular arms punches his arm, 

"ow. I was joking. Not"

"Where am I?" I ask a loud. "Why are you so surprised to see me?" 

"No questions, greenie. Everyone get back to work! No one bothers this girl. Got that?" A boy with dark skin, a voice that just screams leader material yells to the other boys. He must be in charge around here.

I hear groans as the crowd reluctantly but slowly disperses.

"You may be a girl, greenie but you're still stuck here like the rest of us and if you want to stay alive in the Glade, you need to follow our rules." He says. I'm shocked at his straightforwardness, to stay alive? And what in the world is a glade?

"got that?!" He asks again when I don't respond, this time with much more aggression.

I nod, but I don't get it. I don't get any of this.I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

~*~*~*~*~*

omg guys first chapter !!!

i wonder how far i'll get with this.