Chapter 6: Jake's Quest

Jake took the book to his Common Room and shoved it in his bag.

It was midnight. Jake checked whether anyone was awake. He didn't want anyone thinking he is into Dark Arts. Jake after making sure all were asleep whispered,"Lumos". Light was conjured from the wand. He went under his blanket and started reading it. He went into the first chapter which mentioned the Creation of Horcruxes. He was interested in knowing what's it. But he had no intention of making one . He then decided to not read it.

He turned and turned and turned, he reached the chapter of Herpo the Foul. Jake knew already that he was the one who discovered Basilisk ( a giant serpent. If you look it directly in it's eye, you die). So he's gotta lead the Subject to Parseltongue. He read," 'Herpo the Foul: One of the Darkest Wizards of all time, he was the first wizard to discover Basilisk breeding by hatching a chicken egg under a toad. He also created the first ever Horcrux' ".  Jake then moved to the 'Life in a Nutshell' section. It was written:

"Born a Parselmouth, Herpo Slora ( Called Herpo the Foul) had the the ability to communicate with snakes. He spent his life studying the Dark Arts, inventing many vile curses. At some point in his life, after much experimentation, he created the first know Basilisk and being a Parselmouth, he was able to communicate with and control it".

Jake read through the first sentence again and again. He found it. Slora, He read it right. He then looked the date of publishing of the book. He read that the original book was  published in 1920. This book was having the updated until 2027. He didn't find anything more about Slora. Then he got it. He should go back and check the page of Dark Conjurers. He read through many pages filled with Dark Arts that made him think whether he should like this world or not. And then he reached it. The page of the Dark Conjurers.

It read:
"The Dark Conjurers, are people who started forming groups in order to finish Tom Marvolo Riddle's ( You-Know-Who's) goals. They are similar to the Death Eaters, but the Dark Conjurers started functioning from around 2021- present. They serve their late Master. A few Death Eaters like Crabbe and Goyle who were imprisoned in Azkaban joined the Dark Conjurers forces as they were rescued out of Azkaban by the forces. With a few exceptions, this group contains families who weren't even Death Eaters. The Sloras are the ones responsible for starting this organisation. They are descended from one of the most heard Dark Wizards of all time- Herpo the Foul, a famous Parseltongue and creator of Basilisk and Horcruxes. The Dark Conjurers are indeed the pride for Lord Voldemort and us fellow Dark Art practitioners. As far as today, they have been more successful than the Death Eaters. They slay Mudbloods Wizards and Blood Traitors. Very soon The Dark Lord's dream will come true".

Jake could not understand first why this book was praising the Dark Conjurers. Then he realised that he forgot that it was a book detailing Dark Wizards and practices. He then got it. Maybe, Mrs Slora was trying to finish Voldemort's dream of killing Muggle-Borns. But how? Anyways, maybe will it be the Chamber of Secrets all over again? But wasn't the Basilisk in the Chamber slain by Harry Potter? Maybe, she is making Oiseau unleash that secret weapon against all of the Muggle-Borns. Then he remembered Slora's mention of 'their lot'. Did she mention Muggle-Borns as their lot? By the looks of it however, Oiseau had said that she didn't care about 'him'. Did 'him' mean Voldemort? And didn't Oiseau want to fulfill what his mother had asked her to finish? Jake had enough of reading. He was sure he have figure out the rest himself. So he kept the book inside the bag and went to sleep.

He had a crazy dream. He was overhearing the Sloras talking. He then felt something crawling through his leg. He looked at what was it but as soon as Jake looked at the eye, he felt a sudden shock in the heart. He was dying. He woke up out of his dream coughing and his heart beating rapidly. He looked around. It was just him in his bed. Sighing with relief, Jake went back to sleep.