•Jschlatt x Reader•

Thanks for the reads! Any suggestions? Let me know 🌸 Kind of based off of the zoo video but it has some twists haha!

Today was gonna be so fun! My best friend Schlatt and his friends are going to the zoo for a video and I'm invited! I've been in plenty of they're videos but this one was by far going to be my favorite. I grab my essentials and finish up getting ready, making sure to grab my camera for pictures of the awesome animals!

I hear a faint knock at the door so I quickly make my way to it knowing exactly who it is. The moment I open the door Schlatt greets me with a smile, offensive joke, and a bear hug. I blush at how close we are. He pulls back blushing too but I don't think much of it. "So you ready for today?" He asks "Hell yeah!" I chirp maybe a bit too enthusiastically. "I sure hope you're going to have fun. I have a few things I'd like to do with you when we're there." He rubs the back of his neck. "Oh, what were you planning on?" I grew curious, especially at his flustered state. Normally I was the flustered one.

"Well come on we can't be late." He changes the subject as we walk to the car. "So do we get the scavenger hunt sheets when we arrive?" He starts the car and pulls out before answering. "Carson forgot to make them so he's gonna send us a document." He chuckles. I melt every time I hear his laugh. He was just so perfect.. I shake my head breaking away from my thoughts when he speaks. "Jeez took you long enough." I turn away as embarrassment takes over. "Sorry I was just thinking." I say quickly. He nods before getting out of the car and jogging over to my side to open my door for me.

"Oh thank you." What is this boy doing? He never does this. "No problem (nickname)." I smile before we head to the entrance with the other boys. Eventually we all broke of into teams of two. I was with Schlatt, Charlie, Traves, Ted, and Cooper. Once we got our list on the google doc we went straight to the first thing we saw, a really big monkey. "We already got number 18, we're already on a roll" Ted says in a matter of fact tone as usual. We all laugh a bit and I notice Schlatt looking at me but as soon as I engage in the eye contact he looks away blushing.

After a while of finding things on the list Schlatt pulls out a different list, this one is on paper. The boys give him a knowing look. "Y/n since you're our guest we want you to go on a mini scavenger hunt as a challenge. That is if you're willing to accept." Charlie says in a mysterious yet comical voice. Hesitantly I reach for the list and accept the challenge. They walked away leaving me and the list behind. I lock eyes with Schlatt one last time before they go off somewhere unknown to me.

I look down at the list and read off the first out of 5 items. "I have four legs but no feet, When you get tired take a seat! we sat here at the beginning of our trip. Once there look for the yellow note." I think about where this could be, realizing its the small food area me and Schlatt sat at earlier. I walked down the paths soon arriving and finding the note. Next item on the list. "Open me up and take a peek, inside you will find a frozen treat. Be on the lookout for the yellow note!" I pondered for a moment deciding to check the vendor who sells ice cream but to no avail.

Where else- oh! We did bring an ice box and for some odd reason Traves put frozen treats in it. I go back to the car and find the ice box. Inside there was a yellow note! This time however it had things written on it. "(Nickname) I will keep your books safe in my pack. Zip me up before placing me on your back." That's obviously a backpack. The only problem is that I don't know who's backpack it's talking about. Maybe mine? Noah has it so I have to find them.

As if on cue Noah comes strutting towards the car. "Hey I just came to put our stuff in the car so I don't have to carry it anymore." He nervously laughs. "Oh no worries I just needed my backpack too!" I giggle. I look around my bag and find the note. "Look at you go little miss detective! I know I haven't given you any animal driven notes so the last two will be. Where you will find the next note is simple, find the animal taller than you and is one of your favorites. Look for the yellow note there!" I am growing very impatient and eager to find out why this is happening. I speed walk to the giraffes careful not to knock people over.

When I near the enclosure I see the note almost immediately. Rushing to it I open it and read it aloud. "(Nickname), I'm waiting for you near the elephants. I have something special to tell you - Secret" I took off towards the elephant enclosure only to find Schlatt standing with roses and a small stuffed animal from the gift shop. "Surprised?" I was shocked that he put all of that together for me! "This is amazing J!" I ran up and hugged him. "I'm uh glad you like it, I threw it together so I had time to plan things out a bit." I blush as he hands me the roses. My best friend and crush just handed me flowers and a plushie, it's my lucky day! "What was the thing you were going to tell me?" He looks down and back up seemingly scared. "Y/n, I've liked you for over a year now and I figured nows a great time to confess since you love the zoo and all. If you don't agree to being my girlfriend I completely understand." I'm so happy! He goes a bit silent until I kiss his cheek. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend! I've liked you for quite some time as well." I cover my face until I feel his hand wrap around mine. "You know what they call me?" I shake my head. "They call me Y/n's man."

Hope you liked this one! It was weird making it out of a sudden burst of inspiration. I'm binge watching old lunch club videos and I decided to make this 🤗 Let me know if you have requests or questions! 🌸