Chapter 10

Ratchet practically had to drag Tipstreak out of the ship. He was not in the mood for shenanigans, especially with Thundercracker in the area.

"Your logic circuitry must be fried because there is no way in hell I'm goin' over there! Does that guy look friendly to you? He's literally one of Starscream's trinemates!" Tipstreak argued, trying to dig his pedes into the ground so Ratchet couldn't drag him.

Unfortunately for him, the medic was very intent on having him present in case something went wrong.

Ratchet scoffed and rolled his optics in annoyance. He shoved Tipstreak forward to force him to walk on his own and blocked him from running back to the ship.

"If his intentions were to shoot us down, we'd be dead already. He obviously didn't kill us for a reason, which is what I want to find out. Pull yourself together." He grumbled, giving the other mech a side-glare before refocusing on Thundercracker, who was standing a few feet ahead.

The medic made sure to leave some space between himself and the seeker just in case, but hopefully things wouldn't escalate.

As Ratchet approached, Thundercracker respectfully dipped his helm as a greeting. He held his wings in a non-threatening position, eying Tipstreak curiously for a moment before looking back at Ratchet. "I did not desire to meet on such terms, but that doesn't matter now."

"Why are you here? I thought you'd be back at Starscream's little fortress heeding every order he gave." Ratchet questioned, keeping his posture neutral. He still wasn't quite sure what Thundercracker's true intentions were and war had taught him to be extremely cautious when dealing with a seemingly friendly enemy.

Thundercracker's dermas twitched as if he were about to growl, but he maintained a neutral expression. "Starscream is no leader. He makes rash decisions that only benefit himself. I am here to warn you."

"Warn us about what? We're already on our way to warn Optimus about what Starscream is planning."

Thundercracker seemed surprised. "By who's order?"

"Megatron."

"Megatron..." Thundercracker murmured, reflecting for a moment. "He lives?"

Ratchet nodded. "He's the leader of a group of rebels who are also against Starscream. He warned us about the power Starscream now possesses." He explained to the seeker.

"Thank the stars. We've got more on our side than I thought."

"What do you mean?" Tipstreak asked, obviously confused. "You're a Con!"

"I've been planning to defect ever since Starscream spoke of his plans to rule Cybertron. I do not wish to see it destroyed again, especially by him. That is why I'm here."

Ratchet was skeptical. He wasn't sure if he should believe the seeker or not. "And why should we trust you?" 

"You just have to. Take me with you to warn Optimus. I have more information about Starscream's plans and his newfound power. Please, this is our only chance to give out an early warning before it's too late."

Ratchet sighed heavily, unsure of what to do. He glanced at Tipstreak, who was equally skeptical about the whole things. What choice did they have, though? He needed to warn Optimus, regardless of who the warning was coming from. The sooner he did that and joined forces with Megatron, the sooner Iacon stood a chance against Starscream.

"Alright. I will trust you for now, but if you break that trust, I will never forgive you." He stated firmly, making sure Thundercracker understood the gravity of the situation.

"I understand. Thank you." Thundercracker replied, dipping his head respectively once more. He looked to the sky for a moment, watching the suns as they slowly headed towards the horizon. "Time is short. We must go now."

Ratchet agreed, waiting for the seeker to go in front of him before following him to the ship. He could only pray that they would get there in time.

Ratchet drew in a deep breath, attempting to calm his nerves. They were approaching Iacon and he knew that they would soon be pinged by the air control tower. He had a plan, though.

"The control tower is pinging us." Tipstreak spoke up after a long period of silence, casting Ratchet a nervous glance.

"Answer it." Ratchet replied, heading over to the dashboard. "They'll probably scan the ship and pick up a Decepticon signal because Thundercracker is here. I'll handle it. Just stay quiet."

Tipstreak hesitated, then nodded and pressed the blinking button to connect the call. "Hello?"

"You've entered Iacon airspace. Identify yourself." A stern voice came from the other end, crackling slightly from static.

Tipstreak swallowed hard and tapped his digits on the dashboard. " Starship 3A75 requesting access to a landing pad, sir." He replied, trying to keep his voice from shaking.

"I'm going to scan your ship for suspicious cargo. One moment."

Everyone held their breath while the ship was scanned, despite the fact that they knew Thundercracker's signal would be considered suspicious. A few minutes passed until the operator spoke again.

"I've detected a Decepticon signal in your starship. Surrender now or we will shoot you down!"

Now Ratchet stepped in to do his part.

"Iacon control, this is Ratchet speaking. I bring urgent news that requires Optimus's immediate attention. The Decepticon signal is Thundercracker, who says he has defected from the Decepticon cause. If we do not get the information he possesses to Optimus at this very moment, Iacon will no longer be the only thing in danger."

———

Sorry for not updating in a while! Writer's block hit and I ran out of ideas, but hopefully now I'll be able to update more often!