Chapter 11

The moment they were able to land, Ratchet was already heading towards the building where he knew Optimus would be waiting with Tipstreak and Thundercracker in tow. He dismissed the shouts of surprise or glares, staying focused on the task at hand. Everything would eventually be explained, so he didn't need to stop and confront every person who was shocked by Thundercracker's appearance. They knew he was a Decepticon, not that he switched sides.

When he finally reached Optimus's office, there many shocked faces that greeted him. All of team Prime was there along with Prowl and Ironhide, which made the office seem a little bit cramped now that himself and two others had been added to the mix.

Ignoring the exclaims of surprise from his teammates, Ratchet marched straight up to Optimus's desk.

While Optimus was certainly relieved that his old friend had returned safe and sound, he knew there was more pressing matters at hand than a welcome party.

With one wave of his hand, the room grew deathly quiet. "Welcome back, old friend. We are glad to see that you haven't been harmed. I understand that you have something of great importance to tell us?"

"I do. However, there is much to say in little time. I need you all to just listen and ask questions later." Ratchet answered. He took a quick glance around the room to see if anyone was going to object before continuing. "Alright. I suppose I shall start with the most pressing matter first. Megatron is alive—" He paused when several gasps of shock filled the room. "—and currently leads a band of what I can only assume to be refugees, meaning they escaped during the Great Purge. I spoke briefly with him, during which he warned me that Starscream has gained the power of something ancient. He insisted that Tipstreak should come with me to spread the news."

He gestured to Tipstreak, who was standing to his right, with his hand. The mech bowed humbly before the Autobot leader and smiled. "On our way here, we encountered three seekers. I destroyed two, but spared Thundercracker because he was not firing upon us like the others. When we landed to speak with him, he expressed his desire to defect from the Decepticon cause and informed me that he possessed information about Starscream's plans and his newfound power. In other words, this is not something we should take lightly. Iacon is in grave danger and we must act quickly."

Optimus nodded, rubbing his chin with his digits as he absorbed the information he was presented with. No one said a word for three full minutes. "The situation has become more dire than I had originally thought." He mused, his weary optics laced with concern as his gaze fell upon Thundercracker. "Thundercracker, can you explain to me what Starscream is planning? I need to know so I can mount a defense in time and warn the public."

"Yeah, an' what's this new power he's got all of a sudden?" Ironhide chimed in. He was still skeptical of Thundercracker's truthfulness since he used to be with the Decepticons.

"While I don't know the full extent of the details in Starscream's plan, I know enough to hopefully predict his next course of action when the time comes. Right now, his sights are set on Iacon. He wants to capture the city and make it the capital of his new empire. From there, he will slowly move from city-state to city-state, conquering each one until he eventually has all of Cybertron under his command. His goal is to accomplish what Megatron never could and I'm afraid he will take more desperate and ruinous measures to ensure that his vision becomes a reality." Thundercracker explained.

Tipstreak had been wanting to speak for a while, but hadn't gotten the chance to until there was a small pause. "May I speak on behalf of Megatron, Optimus Prime sir?" He asked the Prime, refusing to look nervous in front of everyone in the room.

"You may." Optimus granted.

"Thank you." Tipstreak dipped his helm respectively. "While our band of rag-tags may be small, we will fight till our last breath to save our home. We do not wish to see it fall to chaos once more like it did during the Great War. That being said, I would like to express the fact that we are on your side no matter what and I'm sure Megatron is looking forward to working alongside you again. Our camp is far from here, but it will not take us long to travel. We have very little possessions and things to our name. When you give the command, we'll come ready to fight."

Ratchet smiled lightly and gave the young mech's side a gentle nudge with his elbow. "Well said."

Optimus nodded, a small smile creeping onto his dermas as well. "That is good to hear, Tipstreak. I look forward to working with Megatron as well. He will be a great ally if this conflict escalates, and I pray it will not. But, we must be prepared for the worst. Now is the time to take action. We must protect Iacon at all costs. The fate of Cybertron is in our hands. I will not allow it to fall a second time, not while energon still flows through my veins. Autobots, this may truly be the beginning of our darkest hour."