Hawkins Middle School🎈

Wednesday 17th September
(Not proof read)

POV MIKE

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'm such an idiot!!!!! My thoughts ran wild, internally cursing myself for what I just did. It only lasted barely a second but...our lips still touched...holy shit I just kissed Will Byers. As if on instinct, I quickly retract my hands from around his waist and flail them around in the air.

"Will oh my god I'm so so so sorry I- I didn't-"
"Forget it." Will cuts me off. I stare at his confusingly, lowering my hands to my side.
"Forget? How- what do u mean will?" I ask stumbling on my words, face still blushing from the kiss.
"I said forget it Mike! This never happened okay.." Despite the anger in his voice, he looks sad as if he doesn't want to say what he just said. I stare at him confused as he uses his sleeve to wipe his lips. Ouch.

He walks hastily to the door, quickly opening and slamming it behind him. I stand there frozen and I can hear voices shouting for will to come back. Shit... what the hell did I just do.

I grip the side of the sink and stare into the mirror. Why did I kiss him?

•••

Tuesday 16th September 1989

Monday was probably the shittest day of my life. After everyone went home on Sunday, I was left with only me and my thoughts. All through the night I planned what to say to Will, how to apologise to him and make it up with him.

It fucking went wrong.

Will ignored me for the . Whole. Freaking. Day!! Not once did I get to speak to him without him beginning a conversation with someone else or just straight up ignoring my presence as a whole!

Never. Have. I. Ever been more pissed in my life. All I want is to have a conversation. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR WILL?!

Tuesday wasn't as bad but the only time we talked was when we were in a group with the others, and even then he still ignored me. It's a wonder how the others haven't caught on to it yet. He is not being normal whatsoever! Honestly they're all dumb! Or maybe I just pay to much attention to him.. No. Its definitely not the latter. The party are just dense as fuck.

So here I am, sitting on the second row in class waiting for Mr. Clarke to show up. This being our last year of Middle school, I'll be sad to have to say goodbye to him. He is my favourite teacher after all.

As max rambles on about her new skateboard she got, Mr Clarke walks in, with three students behind him. Oh I totally forgot about the Derry transfers!

"Ahem class." Everyone stops talking and turns to the front of the class, "Today we have some new guests joining us for a while, all the way from Derry! How exiting" He cheerfully exclaims as he clasps his hands together. "Right! Why don't you three take turns to introduce yourself," he says turning to the kids standing awkwardly by the doorway, "you have to say your name and one fact about yourself!"

While some people would find it childish, it's just the way Mr Clarke is, which in my opinion makes him a pretty cool teacher.

A red haired girl steps forward and begins to speak, "hey, my names Beverly Marsh and..." she stares at the ground searching for something to say, "Oh! And I was the star in my third grade play."

Next a slightly taller boy steps forward, "h-hi my name is B-b-bill, and I have a s-stutter. I am getting b-b-better though!" he quickly turns his gaze to the floor as soon as he finishes.

Finally another boy steps forward who has curly hair, "My name is Stanley Uris and I guess I'm Jewish. Though I'm not that big a believer." He finishes stopping his gaze directly on me. His face drops as if he's seen a ghost. Im not that ugly am I???

The three of them take their seat near the back of the class. I try not to pay much attention to it but all throughout the lesson, I can feel a piercing gaze burning into my skull. Without even looking, I can tell it's the Jewish but also not Jewish? Kid staring at me. God! What is his problem!

After class, all the students file out of the door. All the party members flood into the crowd as we usually do. We have a meeting spot for in between lessons so we're not constantly waiting up on someone.

On the way there however, three bodies make their way in front of my. I look up and make direct eye contact with ... Stanly? Was it? I swear if he's a bully I'm not dealing with his bullshit! Not today !

"Erm..this may sound a little weird but-" The girl suddenly speaks up, looking me up and down, "but by any chance do you know a family with the name Tozier?" All three of them stare at me eagerly expecting an answer. My face cringes.

What the fuck is wrong with these people.

•••
Bit shorter than the last chapter but here's an update since like forever!!

I chose a bad time to get back into writing because my GCSEs are coming up soon 😭