Chapter 5

Dimentio had been very patient. After his "defeat", he left his shadow in the Underwhere. His actual physical body hid out in the Luncheon Kingdom. He disguised himself as Benjamin and waited. Without the Dark Prognosticus, he couldn't summond back Mr. L and the Chaos Heart.

For Count Bleck and Tippi (rather Blumiere and Timpani), banished both the Chaos and the Purity Heart into Mr. L and Luigi. It was the only way to stop the Void. So Dimentio waited, gathering up as much magic as he could. So when Mario landed with the Odyssey, Dimentio was thanking his magic. It had influenced the choices Mario had made so far.

The Dark Prognosticus foretold that the hero of legend would try and prevent the same "marriage" from happening again. Imagine his face when Luigi showed up with Violet to help Mario. It was perfect. What he didn't count on was Luigi losing his memory. Sure all he wanted to do was rough him up a bit. Why else did he make him trip?

But karma bit him in the butt. And he was back to waiting again. He was waiting for a chance to steal the Dark Prognosticus from Flipside. He tried to get Luigi to wake before Mario came looking. But nothing he did woke the man in green.

Dimentio had no other choice but to let Mario do his dirty work. After all, he did it once before. And it worked. Luigi was starting to come back. When no one noticed him, he took himself to Flipside and grabbed the dark tome.

When he returned, he saw that Mario and Luigi were fighting off some Firebros. The minute Luigi started using the Thunderhand was the moment Dimentio was waiting for. Wasting no time, he used his magic to knock out both brothers. Dimentio quickly grabbed up Luigi and teleported himself under the volcano.

Dimentio opened up the Dark Prognosticus and started to chant the spell. In an instant, Luigi changed into Mr. L. Of course the amnesia didn't affect him. Why else would the jester be fighting him now?

Or was it the Purity Heart that protected and tamed Mr. L?

Dimentio wasn't sure of that one. All he knew was that he was battling the bandit. He didn't have much time until Mario figured out where they were. So using his magic, he knocked Mr. L down from a high jump.

Mr. L went flying and landed on the ground with a hard thud.

"I'd love to stick around L but... I do have a schedule to keep~" Dimentio sang.

He floated near the bandit and chanted lowly. As he was chanting, a black and white light came out of Mr. L. Within a minute, the Chaos Heart came out of him and forced him to change back to Luigi. Dimentio smirked a storm.

"Lovely seeing you again~" He said, disappearing.

Luigi layed there alone for a few minutes. Mr. L was starting to fade a bit.

"H - hey... are you okay?" Luigi asked him, his amnesia still having a hold on him.

"N - not really. I'll fade away soon if we don't get the Chaos Heart back." Mr. L explained.

"C - Chaos H - Heart?" Luigi breathed.

Before Mr. L could explain, they heard voices calling out to Luigi.

"Sir-jumps-a-lot is here..." He breathed. He turned to Luigi and added, "Get it back... Get back the Chaos Heart!"

Just then, Luigi woke up with a start, hyperventilating. Mario, Violet, Cappy, and Spettro were all there. Mario rubbed his back a bit.

"Calm down... You are safe fratello..." Mario reassured.

"Yeah we got you." Cappy added.

"...the Chaos Heart..." Luigi muttered. Everyone perked up. He sat up a bit, feeling Mr. L staring to fade. Luigi couldn't explain the feeling but he knew it was gone. "It's gone..." He added.

"I didn't even know you had it." Violet admitted.

Luigi looked at her and stated, "I didn't either. I still don't know what it is but it seems quite important to Mr. L..."

Everyone stared at him in worry. This time though, Cappy was confused.

"Who's Mr. L?" He asked.

That's when Spettro started to pick up a scent. He sniffed around and barked a few times. He ran ahead. Luigi slowly got to his feet.

"We've got to get it back..." He told them.

"But who took it?" Cappy asked.

That's when it dawned on Mario.

"The only person that knew Luigi had it...."

Violet's eyes went wide. "Dimentio..." She looked where Spettro ran off and added, "Do you think that's who he's tracking?"

"Only one way to find out." Mario stated.

With that, the team started to follow the Polterpup. Mario stayed near Luigi. If what he said was true, then he needed his brother.

I need to be there for him. It's my fault that he lost his memory... And it was my fault that I got captured by King Boo...

...

-Flashback, before 'Hearts Be True'-

Mario and Luigi had just finished taking care of the bushes. The mailman had brought them mail and one letter was addressed to Luigi. Curious, the man in green opened the letter.

It read:

'Dear Mr. Luigi Manfredi,

Congratulations! You were our winner in the recent contest - "Younger Brothers of Major Heroes". You have won an all expense paid mansion and enclosed is a map to get you to your new home! You may bring with you two people of your choice to see this mansion and come to claim it on November 18, 2001. We hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,

K.B., CEO of Scare to Care'

Mario got instantly suspicious. He looked at Luigi, whom was beyond happy.

He commented, "You know what this means, Malleo? I can have a house of my own and do what I want and please!"

Mario had to admit it, he had a bad feeling about all of this. His institution was telling him something was wrong. Deciding not to worry Luigi, in case he was wrong, he took a look at the map. Mario took it inside of the house and made a copy. Then he gave Luigi the original copy.

Mario explained, "Listen, I want to be one of the ones to go. I got to make sure that my baby brother doesn't get a big fat head."

"Malleo," he groaned, making the man in red chuckle.

Mario offered, "Relax, you can ask Princess Daisy to come with you if you want."

He frowned. Mario perked up.

Didn't he like Daisy?

But just then, his frown turned into a smile.

Luigi responded, "I have someone else in mind..."

After saying a quick goodbye, Mario headed to the place where this mansion was. Little did he know...

-End of Flashback-

...

Wishmaker1028: There you go! Chapter five is done! Hope you all enjoyed! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!