chapter 1

We little knew that day, God was going to call my name. In life I loved you dearly, in death I'll do the same. As I laid down on the ground, in seven minutes my whole life replayed, the moment of truth the very end... Was I going to die a sad lonely and broken man?

My name is Ayomidé, and this is my story...

I was called a couple different names but one that everyone knew was Ayo, the name my grandfather called me as a child... I was born in Abuja Nigeria but my childhood was pretty much in between states in the western part of this great country. As a child I was pampered I lost my parents at a tender age and since then, my grandfather pretty much raised me. I had a very wonderful childhood, went to one of the best schools, ate the best meals and hanged around with the high and mighty, my grandfathers name played a huge role in all the favors I enjoyed while growing up and even now as a fully grown adult. Through all the hussle and bussle that I only encountered when I turned on the TV and tuned in to nollywood, I never really was at a point in my life where I felt how deep emotional pain ran until I met the most beautiful woman my eyes ever had the pleasure of seeing, jameelah.

"Ayo! Ayo! Oboy this guy dey waste time oh, Ayo!" My friend kunle kept screaming at the top of his voice from outside our gate.

"Guy! How far no vex abeg, you know say pops man dey travel I suppose collect something take hold body if not he fit pack face clear, Guy you mumu aswear"

kunle replied, "you leave me dey waste my fuel dey come when you never arrange yourself...Let's go please!"

Jim cut in, "I'm tired of sitting here when we could be out chilling as planned"

I quickly gave kunle my puppy face showing him how sorry I was for having wasted his time.

Kunle and Jim were my childhood friends, I met Jim first but the bond with Kunle is stronger and he is to some extent, the glue that keeps the group together, Kunle came from a very poor background but managed to struggle and mark his name on the tree of success, making his first million at the age of 21. Jim like me, was born into a home where your problems will exist only when money couldn't possibly solve them.

We were on our way to see kunles *supposed* girlfriend before heading on to intimidate all the boys and girls in the area with our newest achievement a Mercedes Benz which we launched recently. Kunle always had an eye for any and every girl he saw, but his type were always the mother Theresa's, the ones that wanted absolutely nothing to do with men until they were married, it was I and Jim's job to help him convince the girls that he was for real, from calling them after every fight and claiming he was in the hospital calling her name, to shouting our wife and sharing in her fantasies of how many babies they would have, to going as far as posting her pictures online with captions even the toughest hearts will fall for.

Today's episode was with his most recent catch hafsat an Ebira girl that moved in eight blocks away from his uncle's house a month earlier, her father was the chief of defense but is now retired.

"Oboy this babe set sha." kunle let out whilst we were sitting waiting for her to reach us.

we weren't allowed to park in front of her house, her father would only allow Male visitors come in, but somehow kunle managed to convince her that he was going to come in good time but for now, they needed to know each other well enough... in hiding, of course.

"Salam!" It was hafsats voice.

"Wasalam" I replied... "our wife! Omo, your beauty oga oh," she let out a chuckle and gave my shoulder a little push

"Ejhoor Ayo masoro leleyi too much." We all smiled and jim and I strolled about half a mile away to let them have their time, they were done after 45minutes after which we came back said our goodbyes, and left.