o1 ⚘

eddie squints his large doe-eyes at richie, his head barely blocking the sun's venomous rays

eddie squints his large doe-eyes at richie, his head barely blocking the sun's venomous rays. he can feel the burn on his cheeks and he's not sure if it's because he needs to reapply sunscreen or if it's his love for the tozier boy finally sinking in through his face.

"my sister's back in town," richie will say to the losers as they sit in a circle, sipping at their sodas. everyone knows the closeness of the tozier twins. they weren't identical, but fraternal. they still shared a lot of the same qualities.

"oh, that's wonderful, rich!" marsh says, glistening at the pure joy of having her best friend back with his sister.

abbigail tozier had evacuated derry as soon as she graduated, going to new hampshire to study psychology. she was now suited up with a degree and had no buisness in the big city. all-in-all, she missed her little brother (by six minutes) and the rest of the losers.

eddie liked abby, she reminded him of richie but less quiet and closer to his height (still a bit taller) rather than her brother's, who toppled over to be 6'1".

"that- that's cool, r- r- richie. maybe we can hang out w- with her t-t- tomorrow?" bill and abbigail were quite close at one point and to be honest, bill felt hurt when she left like she had nothing to leave behind.

richie understands. richie understands everything except for the obvious flirtation signs that eddie throws his way.

by the time the sun is replaced with the moon, richie is peddling his bike with eddie holding on to him tightly, his shoes braced against the pegs. the wind nestles through their hair and eddie can smell the cocoa butter fragrance in his curls. home is where the heart is and eddie's home lies within richie tozier.

above the two, stars are shining brightly and eddie can smell the storms coming their way. he always loves when it stormed. of course, it frightened him, but his mother always allowed him to go to a friend's house. the kaspbraks didn't have a basement and sonia would be flabbergasted if a "tornado just swooped up my eddie bear and took him away from me".

it was always richie he'd stay with. wentworth and maggie tozier adored the smaller. maybe even more than richie, as richie was a sarcastic boy with a loud mouth and eddie always seemed to want to share sanitation tips with maggie.

once they're outside richie's "humble abode", eddie smiles at the yellow car that he'd always associate with abbigail. she let him feel grown up. in fact, eddie learned how to drive in that car, thanks to multiple hours of abbigail and richie taking him driving on rainy nights.

richie sets his bike against the side of his home with eddie trailing close behind him. the weather was hot and in all honesty, he was exhausted.

the losers had met up at trixie's, a local diner in derry that richie, bill and beverly used to perform at together. they had a small band called the ready rebels. they didn't perform much anymore but it brought back memories. later on in the day, they lay at the quarry in the burning sun listening to blue jays sing.