𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 14.

━  𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗮𝘂.

"𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐇, 𝐍𝐎." 𝐈 𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃.

Standing in front of the dirty brown van, my arms firmly crossed over one another, as the two boys stared at me from the inside. It was bemusing to think that the two teenagers were particularly serious about asking me to hop in their van, with determined hopes of bringing me to the 'Chateau'. It was bad enough to run into them at Lana Grubb's house by chance, but it was much worse to imagine going on with their antics for a second time.

    It seemed as though the two boys had shining halos of bad luck floating above their heads, twenty-four seven, call it a constant aura.

    "Just get in," John B groaned impatiently from the driver's seat.

    "I think it's real funny, that you assume I'm going to listen to you, after everything that just happened," I said firmly, not looking away from him through the glass.

    "Don't be silly," he rolled his eyes, "Now, get in before those guys come back."

    "They're not coming back." I claimed, sounding sure, even though I wasn't, whatsoever.

    "How do you know that," John B looked at me dumbfounded, leaning his arms on the steering wheel.

    "I just do." I said back.

    "We had a good thing going, Cherry Cola," he rolled his eyes again, "You forget about everything last night? We agreed to be cool,"

    "Of course I didn't forget last night— your friend pulled a fuckin' gun," I clapped back, motioning my hand to Jj in the backseat.

    John B let out a loud scoff.

    "Maybe if you asked her nicely, JB," I heard Jj mumbled distractedly, from the back seat. I tilted to the side to see him rolling a blunt in the back of the van. His hands were trembling, making it hard for him to hold the paper in place, and his voice quivered. I figured by the looks of his distressed face, that he probably needed it.

    "Charlotte," John B tried to sound nicer, making his tone of voice more calm. "May you please, enter the van."

    "Absolutely not." I shook my head once firmly.

    "Alright then," John B pushed open the driver's side door, closing it with a thud. "I see how it is."

    I was too busy staring at his dark black eye, that I didn't even realize he was heading straight for me. Before I knew it, my body was being slung over his shoulder, his arm wrapped around my back as he propped me up. He held me over his back with a tight grip, and he trudged right over to the side of the van without another word.

    "Let me down!" I punched at his back, and kicked my legs, "You fucking psycho!"

    He opened the passenger door with his free hand, and placed me down rather gently. He closed the door before I could escape.

    The window was open— in fact, there was no window— and a first thought was to jumping out, figuring my body would fit through it. But I looked down at my blue shorts which already had dirt stains, and my top half-covered. I stayed put, as John B hopped in the driver's seat beside me.

    "This is abduction." I stated seriously, looking forward. "Straight up, abduction."

    "Relax," he started the van, quickly pulling it away from Lana's house and onto the road. "We're going to my house."