Chapter 1

Giyuu hears this question get asked quite alot during his missions:

Do you believe in reincarnations?

He never really had the time to ponder about it, well, other then during his free time but in all honesty, he was too busy thinking about other things. Things which he had deemed more necessary than some sort of philosophical belief.

But now, he was dying. Dying because of the demon slayer mark, he had reached the age of 25.

With a letter on his hand, he had decided that reincarnations are infact, real. Why? He couldn't really tell. Maybe it was a desperate attempt to see them all once more. Maybe it was because of the letter he had just finished reading. Whichever it is, it didn't matter. Without a doubt in his mind, he knew.

He knew that he had wanted to protect Sabito, his older sister and a certain someone in the next life, he wants to ensure their happiness, even if it meant that he had to suffer.

"Hey, whoever it is out there who makes reincarnations, Please... please if i get reincarnated, somehow... make me regain my memories from this life back. I want to protect those who's lives had managed to slip away from my hands. I also want to ensure their happiness if I do get reincarnated along with them. So please, please let me regain my memories of this life."

Slowly, the letter which was addressed to him had slipped out of his loose grip as he passes on.

Hey, Tomioka-san... Maybe in the next life, we could get along. And when we do, maybe then, I'll be brave enough to directly tell you that I love you.

'Hmm... I'll hold onto that, Kochou.'