°chapter 31°

After crying my eyes out I feel a bit better. Only a bit. I rinse my face to erase the evidence of my tears. But my eyes still look a bit red and puffy. I take some concealer out of my bag and try and apply it under my eyes. It only makes a small difference but it was worth trying. There's still 5 minutes till the period ends so I go back into the stall. I hear the bathroom door open and 2 girls walk in. I hear sobs from the one girl.

"Its going to be okay Sha'nique" Sha'nique? The bih I saw in Messiahs comments?

"He just said no. He never says no!" Sha'nique whines and cries. Urgh leave already. "He said something about a girl. This bitch called Jordyn. He said he's in love with her so he doesn't want me no more!" She continues crying.
First of all, I didnt know Sha'nique goes to this school. Second of all, who's 'he'?

"Just forget about this bitch ass niggas. They ain't shit. Especially Jamal for disregarding you like that. How dare he?" Whaaaatt! Jamal? In love with me? Shit just took a dramatic turn. He doesn't even know me for that long.

"I will find who that girl Jordyn is. First she takes Messiah away from me and now Jamal? Who tf is she? And angel? Once I find her she'll get a piece of me." Oh yeah? What is she gonna do? Does she know who she's messing with? I hear the bell ring which means it's my last class before lunch. I walk out quickly before they realise who I am. Not that I'm scared of them. I just cant deal with them today. I walk straight to my next class which is Maths. I dont like or dislike maths. And to be honest I'm not a straight A student but I am above average. Waayyy above average but still not straight A's. My maths teacher hands out a page to the entire class.

"This page will help you remember what you have studied before Christmas break. If you dont struggle with it too much you're pretty much guaranteed to pass this subject."

I try and do my work without having to think about all the other things going on in my life right now but a new thing is stuck in my mind, its bugging me since I found out about it. Jamal claims he's in love with me? I dont wanna tell Messiah because I know he might do something he would regret later. But I also dont want to keep it away from him. I push those thoughts to the back of my mind and try to focus on my maths. Key word, try.

Class is over and I managed to finish my activity on time and hand it in. I make my way to the cafeteria and get some food and my favorite bubble tea before going to sit together with Amina and Jessie by our usual table. Normally it's me, Amina, Jess, Messiah and Jay but today it's just us girls. Clearly Messiah is avoiding me and honestly, it's better off like that. Ion got no time for his moody ass. Staring into nothingness, I catch a glimpse of Messiah. Waayyy over there on the other side of the cafeteria chatting up with his niggas smiley asf. As if nothing went down a couple hours ago. Good for him and his bipolar ass.

"When last did I see you guys! It's been so long" Amina says and I just give a weak smile.

"You look like you have been crying" Jessie says. She has a good attention to detail. I knew I couldn't hide it for too long.

"I cant hide anything for you guys damn." I say. "I'm not in a good space right now but I promise to tell y'all everything soon, okay?"

"Cool." They say in unison.

"Look who it is! The famous Jordyn." Urgh! Can't I catch a break? Its Sha'nique and her 'friends'. I put air quotes because they follow her around like fucking minions.

"Who are you?" I ask her. I dont want her to get the impression that I know her. It would just boost her ego. Her head is big already.

"Sha'nique. THE Sha'nique. How have you not heard of me yet?" She looks at her hands and checks her nails.