Chapter One: Hello

"Yoshiko, come over here," an older women waved to the younger child. She dashed over and waited to be petted by her. The lady smiled, "Here, have this," She showed the child a ragged doll.

The child looked at her confused, "Mommy, what's this?"

She chuckled, "This is my favorite doll. It can protect you forever," She grabbed her child's hand and dropped it onto her hand, "This is now yours. Make sure you have it with you at all times."

"Okay."

...

The young girl crouched into a ball and stared at a tiny pond in the back yard as she waited for pillars arrived. She clutch her doll in her hands as she watch the koi fish swimming around. She dozed off to space until she heard a thud. She turned her head and see a young boy on the flood, injured and unconscious. She looked at the scare on the forehead and was slightly curious on what happened. She walk over and take a seat onto the porch. Her feet dangles and she watch the boy stirring up. He looked around confused and looked at everyone. The Kakushi who was behind him forced him onto the floor, making him bowed to the pillars.

He looked very confused on what's going on.

"Watch it! You are in the presence of the Pillars!" The Kakushi spoke to the boy in a harsh tone.

The rest of the Pillars started to talk about a demon that the boy caught. Curious, the young girl hopped off and went to Shinobu for answers. She tugged the hem of her sleeve and waited for an explanation.

She smiled and talked, "His name is Kamado Tanjiro. He have a demon and protecting her. So we are here to determined weather to punish him or not."

The child nodded and stared at him, "Kamado... Tanjiro..." The voice of hers entered Tanjiro ears. He looked at the girl and saw how there was something special about her. She carried an aloof and disturbing aura. However it was covered by the feeling of emptiness and calmness. He stared at the doll that was in her hands and shivered when he stared at it. However, he smelt a hint of gentleness coming out of her.

"Hey! Don't stare at her! Don't you know who she is!?" The Kakushi harshly whispered at Tanjiro and that made him snap out of trance, "She is the Yoshiko. Taken under the wing of Oyataka-sama. She is also one of the most feared slayers beside the pillars!"

"Huh?" Tanijro mumbled. He couldn't believed that a young girl would be that powerful.

Yoshiko crouch down at his level and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Huh? O-oh yeah, I'm fine."

"But your injured."

Tanjiro smiled, "But I'm okay now."

"I'm sorry in intrude the situation but I must ask, why are you protecting that demon?" Shinobu asked.

"Th-that demon," Tanjiro stutterd out, "is my sister! Please, I'm begging you! Don't kill her! She never ate a single person before!"

"And how are we suppose to know that?" A new voice asked.

Everyone turned their head and looked at him. Scars all over his body and held a box. Tanjuro seemed to know what the box was and screamed at him. He dashed up, being prepared to hit the wind pillar.

"Stop! Oyakata-sama will arrive soon!" Giyuu shouted.

Sanemi swings at Tanjiro, but Tanjiro jumped and smacked Sanemi's forehead with his own. Sanemi stumbled back, blood dripping. Yoshiko was pleasantly surprised.