Chapter Four: Dreams

In the amidst of the silent train, the five demon slayers slept.

Zenitsu dreamt about holding the love of his life, Nezuko, being lovey dovey. Making flower wreaths and carrying each other.

Inosuke dreamt about exploring a cave with raccoon minion one, Tanjiro, squirrel minion two, Zenitsu, and bunny minion three, Nezuko.

Rengoku dreamt about telling his father he finally became a pillar. Even though his father was displeased, his younger brother was happy. He wonders if he can be acknowledge if he became a pillar as well. Rengoku cheered his little brother with passion.

Tanjiro dreamt about him being with his family, on the mountains, with his family alive, and Nezuko not a demon no more.

And Yoshiko dreamt about her family. Being happy together, without a care in the world.

...

The young girl looked at her surrounding, wondering where she was. She looked down in her hands and saw her doll.

"Where am I?"

The rustling of the leaves entered her ears. The winds hit her face, making her turn her head. Her eyes widen when she found a house. Her heart raced. She didn't understand. Why is she there? Why isn't it burnt to the ground?

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She flinched and quickly turned her head and saw a familiar boy.

"Onii-san."

He smiled, "What are you doing? Come on, lets go."

He grabbed her hand and started to guide her inside the house. But the young girl couldn't comprehend anything. Why is she here? Wasn't she on the train? With Rengoku, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke?

The more she walked closer to the house, the more she lost her train of thought. Once they entered, the older boy shouted,

"We're home!"

A beautiful women look and saw the two. She smiled and opened her arms, "Welcome back my children. I want a hug."

The boy giggled and ran up to their mother and hugged her. She smiled and saw Yoshiko still standing there. She motioned her hands to come over. The girl hesitated, and soon ran up to her and joined the hug. Tears stinged her eyes as she silently sobbed. However, she didn't understand why. She was just playing in the forest near by, so why was she crying.

"H-huh!? Why are you crying!? Was Tashi bullying you again?" her brother said with worries in his eyes.

Yoshiko smiled and shook her head, "No, I was just happy to see you guys."

The younger boy looked at her with a disgusted face, "You're acting weird again!"

The mother smacked the boy and scolded him, "Don't make fun of your younger sister. Don't blame me if she starts to hate you. Now go off and get your father. Dinner is almost ready."

He pouted, "Okay."

After a few moments, she was eating dinner with her family. The girl silently ate her food and savor the flavor. She looked at her family and smiled at them. For some reason, she missed the warmth of them. The cuddles from mother, the bright smile from her brother, the head pats from her father. She looked back at her doll and flinched. The aura around it didn't feel right. It seems like it wanted to say something but couldn't. Sweat started to pour out of her and stood up.